The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Andrei Kuzmenko

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure.  It depends on the team's needs.  But Kuzmenko is more of a playmaker who also scores.  He's neither Tuch, nor Brock.  He's in between I'd say.  

I gotta believe there actively trying to get a tuch like player...there far from tough enough yet.

2 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Evander Kane signed in Edmonton....why?

Because he's a UFA this season and money was all that matters to him

Clearly its not ALL for Kuzmenko...

There's a perfect and direct comp for you

Blockees!

what?  Kane a perfect comp?

Kane was/is damaged goods.  Holland gave him an opportunity and if reports are true- not many teams did.  he chose a team where he would be a good fit and it worked out.  

his next contract-who knows.  he’s still got a lot of baggage both financially and personally-not a “perfect comparable” to Kuz by any stretch.  

Again all I said was that $$$ will be a big factor in his next contract if he does well. I never said he is 100% gone next year. talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

blocked? soft as ice cream

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Rackdawg said:

I gotta believe there actively trying to get a tuch like player...there far from tough enough yet.

And winning Kuzmenko sweepstakes allows JR to trade from a position of strength to get such a player.  Garland is definitely redundant.  I'd say he's on his way out.  Maybe it's for a tuch type of player or a D?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

So what

You think a guy like Kane who was radioactive isn't getting PAID this offseason by someone? Dude

He is probably not getting paid like a 40 goal scorer, people already know Kane is a good hockey player just a horrible human. 

10 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

Evander Kane signed in Edmonton....why?

Because he's a UFA this season and money was all that matters to him

Clearly its not ALL for Kuzmenko...

There's a perfect and direct comp for you

Blockees!

Because the Oilers were desperate for secondary scoring for cheap and no one else was willing to put up with his baggage?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Shipachyov only played 3 games in the NHL then went back to KHL.

Gusev had 44 points in 66 games his first season. He most of had injuries the next two seasons because he only played 20 and 11 games. 

Shipachyov only played 3 games, because he looked lost and uninteresting in those pre-season games he played in. He then refused to go down to the AHL, to adjust to the North American style.

This was a quote from McPhee, when they terminated his contract:

Sometimes the player you see in Europe isn’t the player you see here, and that’s the risk you take when you sign someone. You hope it works out, but it doesn’t always work out.

Gusev wasn’t injured. He was put on unconditional waivers by New Jersey, so they could terminate his contract. This season, he was signed to a PTO by the Leafs, and was released.

I saw this comment and it made me wonder.  Now that we’ve signed Kuzmenko does that free up Boeser to be traded?  That means we can keep Miller.  I hate the thought of trading Boeser but if it’s the only way to sign Miller then the Canucks need to seriously look at that.   It’s like watching a chess game and seeing the possible moves they have as options.  The thought process of Management.  Hmmmm.  ((Thinking emoji.)) 

3061429A-AB7A-44E3-A867-29662CEBBB99.jpeg

Bo Re-signs 8 years 6.7 per year

Miller Re-signs 7 years 7.5 per year

Boeser re-signs 3 years 6 mil per

Myers and Pearson to Pittsburgh for Marino and Kapanen - pretty close cap wise

Sign Lybushkin - 3 mil per

Sign Mikhayev - 3.5 mil per

Sign Deslauriers - 1.5 mil per

Sign Paul - 3.5 mil per

If our mgmt team can pull that off....you can probably move Garland then for an even better upgrade on RD. (just realized as I edited).

Petey Miller Boeser

Kuzmenko Bo Podz

Mikhayev Paul Kapannen

Delauriers Lammiko Lockwood

Hoglander (maybe in Abby to work on his game).

OEL Lybushkin

Hughes Marino

Burroughs/Rathbone Schenn

Poolman

Edited by NucknAsia
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Offgridcamperdude said:

Nice signing!

If he can jump in and be a servicable 3rd liner with spot duty on special teams it will be a huge win!!

Signing Kuzmenko is the huge win.  We beat out 20 other teams, including the Soilers who have McWhiner and Big Leon to dangle playing with. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Because the Oilers were desperate for secondary scoring for cheap and no one else was willing to put up with his baggage?

Facts, OVI pushed hard to add Kane but obviously wsh wanting nothing to do with him. Now look at what the coilers capt has been caught in 4k doing 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

@RomanP Does this dude speak any English or will you be his tour guide this year?

Also, I was told to ask by another player if Kuzi has a cute Russian girlfriend, not that I would be interested or anything...  -_-

Guys on 650 saying Kuzmenko's agent said the player can do interviews in English.  He doesn't need an interpreter.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NucknAsia said:

Bo Re-signs 8 years 6.7 per year

Miller Re-signs 7 years 7.5 per year

Boeser re-signs 3 years 6 mil per

Myers and Pearson to Pittsburgh for Marino and Kapanen - pretty close cap wise

Sign Lybushkin - 3 mil per

Sign Mikhayev - 3.5 mil per

Sign Deslauriers - 1.5 mil per

Sign Paul - 3.5 mil per

If our mgmt team can pull that off....

Petey Miller Boeser

Kuzmenko Bo Podz

Garland Paul Kapannen

Delauriers Lammiko Lockwood

Hoglander (maybe in Abby to work on his game).

OEL Lybushkin

Hughes Marino

Burroughs/Rathbone Schenn

Poolman

Love this way better than trading Boeser or Miller.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Facts, OVI pushed hard to add Kane but obviously wsh wanting nothing to do with him. Now look at what the coilers capt has been caught in 4k doing 

Pond scum tends to gather into disgusting clumps.