The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Maple Leafs open to trading Ilya Mikheyev’s rights

He would go to have with his speed and penalty kill.  But the price tag is of course the issue since is 21 goals hell think hes worth a lot more.  However as previously stated if we shed some cap i.e. poolman or dickinson, Then id be ok with it.

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

We really need to add speed - I'd try him with Bo and Kuzmenko. 

He is an interesting player for sure. Size, speed, grit. Oven mitts for hands though. If he wants north of 4, not interested. 

Edited by rekker

11 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Canucks interested in pursuing Mikheyev on July 13th. 

Ah yes. Would be a ideal canuck signing. Banking on a guy who is always injured who only produced decently for 1 year on the top offensive team and is not young. Great pickup if we want to continue doing what we've done for 50 years I guess 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

He is an interesting player for sure. Size, speed, grit. Oven mitts for hands though. If he wants north of 4, not interested. 

Yup. He'd be like a Pearson tradeoff. 

Faster, bigger than Tanner but Tanner is more physical, better along the boards and has a better shot. 

Not worth 4+

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why trade for a guy who clearly is wanting more than he’s worth?  It’s usually guys who are legitimate difference makers who get return in this manner.

LOSER LEAFS can go suck socks. 

Not sure if it's a situation of waiting for more than he's worth, or just more than the Laughs can afford unless they can unload Tavares somewhere and restructure their cap.

15 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

How do we know this is what he wants?

Vancouver Canucks

As we mentioned above, one of Mikheyev’s biggest strengths is his skating, something the Canucks would love to add. There’s no question he would add an important element to the team. Plus having Bruce Boudreau utilize him would be very interesting.

With that said, the question here will be the term and dollars. Mikheyev will get top-six dollars but there’s no guarantee he’d get a top-six role. That could change depending on what happens with the Brock Boeser and J.T. Miller situations. Would the Canucks be willing to shell out in the range of $4.5 million for this kind of player over multiple years?

Still from Mikheyev’s perspective, the Canucks have good, young talent and he would add elements the team is currently lacking overall. The Canucks are one of his most logical destinations, that is if he’s willing to accept a middle-six role.

3 hours ago, rekker said:

21 goals in 53 games tho. If the pro scouting folks think he's top 6 capable this could be a good thing. 

Edited by JM_

25 minutes ago, JM_ said:

21 goals in 53 games tho. If the pro scouting folks think he's top 6 capable this could be a good thing. 

I will fully admit, I am so anti Leafs it's tough to keep emotions out of it, lol. Look at McDermott. I like him at his cap hit and he fits in nicely. I would like to add Mikayev. I just haven't seen the sample size to like 4 plus per season. It's interesting as he's one of those players that could easily outperform a contract, or not. 

• Vintage 1

I remember Mikheyev being near the top of rookie scoring with Pettersson until he had that freak wrist injury. Now that time has passed and the wrist has recovered, he's up around a 25+ goal pace again. In guessing there's a legitimate top-6 player there.

Edited by D-Money

26 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I can't be the only one thinking he's just potentially a more expensive Pearson. Lol. Albeit slightly younger.

Younger faster more Russian and less hated by Jim Rutherford