The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks are showing interest in Sam Steel

Would rather someone a bit better, either offensively or defensively or physically, but Steel isn't a bad option if he'll take 2M or less.

My vote is still for Tierney but Rodrigues is intriguing and likely too expensive. Tierney for 2.5M would fit nicely.

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Don't mind the player, but until his involvement with Hockey Canada in 2018 is sorted, best to shy away or to take extra due diligence on this.

Agreed, same for Howden.

I watched him a lot in his junior career with the pats.  Great speed and brings good skill but to me he always projected as a guy that’s not really a bottom 6 forward type but lacking a little bit to be a top 6 guy think like Sven baertschi.  If he can’t crack top 6 in Anaheim it’s not going to happen anywhere for steel.

3 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

I watched him a lot in his junior career with the pats.  Great speed and brings good skill but to me he always projected as a guy that’s not really a bottom 6 forward type but lacking a little bit to be a top 6 guy think like Sven baertschi.  If he can’t crack top 6 in Anaheim it’s not going to happen anywhere for steel.

If he can be a versatile guy that can fill in for injury then it’s a good signing.

Think like a Jeff Tambellini or a Mike Santorelli type player. Not legit top 6 players but they can play there for short periods if need be.