The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Tkachuk trade in the works

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

It would be nice to see him go east or at least out of our division. 

I don't see Dallas having the assets to land him. Or Vegas for that matter, I mean which NTC are they going to convince to waive for Calgary? no one. 

I suspect Nashville or St Louis. 

6 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Tkachuk reportedly provided the Flames with a list of teams he'd sign a long-term contract with

Blues

knights

Panthers

Predators 

Stars

They also speculate NJD and NYR.  

Francis lists Kyrou as the return they would want from St Louis.  Flames want a young player to build around.

Vegas doesn't seem to have the assets to acquire him and are cap strapped.

Florida are in cap trouble.  

Stars have to extend Robertson and Oettinger and might even have to move someone to find the cap room.  

Nashville just committed 7M to McDonagh when they also had to improve up front - might not matter as they don't seem to have the assets either.

NJD might be the Flames best bet to get what they are looking for.  They wouldn't have the caps space for both Bratt and Tkachuk without dumping cap so maybe the one player they would move him for.   With Fitzgerald saying they have too much of the same up front - would give them something different.

30 minutes ago, JM_ said:

the reports seem pretty credible at this point, baby Keith is gone. 

I guess we now know how our situation would have gone as well had Benning picked him. 

Maybe not, things could be better here than in Calgary.  Players coach in BB instead of instead of an old school Sutter. A team on the up with a good young core. Instead of a older team on the cusp of doing a rebuild. 

Edited by Fen1010

15 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Tkachuk reportedly provided the Flames with a list of teams he'd sign a long-term contract with

Blues

knights

Panthers

Predators 

Stars

Not much in the way of a return coming from any of these teams.  His ego certainly fits Vegas, but they are

really up against the cap and there under 24yr players and prospect pool is pretty slim pickings.

• Like 1

It should absolutely be Ottawa!

I know it was alleged that no Canadian teams are on his trade list, but common Tkachuk. A young Sens team with cap space and YOUR BRO. Both Tkachuk's on Ottawa centered by Giroux would be an absolutely crazy line. Just a menace of a team to play against. 

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Happy to help our 'cap-strapped' divisional friends out by facilitating this trade for them. 

Let's start with Theodore for our 2024 3rd round pick?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, mll said:

They also speculate NJD and NYR.  

Francis lists Kyrou as the return they would want from St Louis.  Flames want a young player to build around.

Florida are in cap trouble.  

Stars have to extend Robertson and Oettinger and might even have to move someone to find the cap room.  

Nashville just committed 7M to McDonagh when they also had to improve up front - might not matter as they don't seem to have the assets either.

NJD might be the Flames best bet to get what they are looking for.  They wouldn't have the caps space for both Bratt and Tkachuk without dumping cap so maybe the one player they would move him for.   With Fitzgerald saying they have too much of the same up front - would give them something different.

Kyrou JUST turned 24 2 months ago... not sure how much younger the Flames want lol.  The guy is a PPG player already and hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Kyrou would be a fantastic return for Tkapuke. 

Don't ever count out Vegas.  They go all in and move assets left and right to acquire the biggest name(s) on the market.

Florida, Stars, and Nashville are unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Happy to help our 'cap-strapped' divisional friends out by facilitating this trade for them. 

To be honest I think we can go even simpler, what about Whitecloud? 

Young RHD, Vegas is over the cap by about 1.5 million at the moment. I wonder if we could pry him away from them for a mid pick? 

7 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

It should absolutely be Ottawa!

I know it was alleged that no Canadian teams are on his trade list, but common Tkachuk. A young Sens team with cap space and YOUR BRO. Both Tkachuk's on Ottawa centered by Giroux would be an absolutely crazy line. Just a menace of a team to play against. 

They need to fix their defence before adding another forward.

And this folks is why you ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS draft BPA.  Yeah, would have sucked to be losing Tkapuke right now, but he will bring in some serious assets.  We drafted for position in OJ, and are left with literally nothing to show for it.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Calgary would take him as part of the return.  Not a Schmidt situation here.

Edited by mll

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And this folks is why you ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS draft BPA.  Yeah, would have sucked to be losing Tkapuke right now, but he will bring in some serious assets.  We drafted for position in OJ, and are left with literally nothing to show for it.

OJ was such a stupid pick. Makes me mad every time I think about it, 

• Cheers 1