The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada's 2003 World Hockey Junior team also accused of sexual assault

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

there are some things I suppose, they can ensure that the names of the players involved never make it to a place of honour, and keep anyone out of any NHL positions. 

20 years later, unless the alleged video shows up, I doubt anything comes of the NHL looking at this.

I think the NHL statement is more symbolic, that actual action.

A thing they had to say- is easy to say.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

20 years later, unless the alleged video shows up, I doubt anything comes of the NHL looking at this.

yeah, unfortunately thats probably the case. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gurn said:

I’m sure they want to know what happened, if accusations are accurate and the people involved. A lot of players are coming up as coaches, scouts etc and are a part of NHL organisations still. So there probably is a lot for them to know and understand.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There's a quote in the comments from his book that really, really doesn't make this look good for him.  Won't post it due to language.

I read it... Doesn't sound good at all, but doesn't implicate him directly.  Regardless, it does paint a picture of the overall disrespectful attitudes these players had at that time.  

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 1

On 7/22/2022 at 8:32 PM, Bounce000 said:

Not to make light of this but what the heck is the NHL going to do? Most of these guys are retired.

I assume the NHLPA has some pension fund for retiree players. Maybe take that away for the people who were involved?

18 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

This has Upshall and Lupul written all over it 

Apparently the video showed around half a dozen guys involved. So at this point it wouldn't be fair making assumptions since it's mostly guessing right now. At least my opinion 

52 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Apparently the video showed around half a dozen guys involved. So at this point it wouldn't be fair making assumptions since it's mostly guessing right now. At least my opinion 

They have a reputation, an educated guess. 

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Who filmed and kept the video? That's perverse. 

Edit: just the tsn link above. Then what took them so long to reveal this? Maybe it's the Kyle Beach incident and changing culture of not tolerating silence.   

Disturbing. 

Edited by Jaimito

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yup.  It’s never the girls’ teams doing these criminal things.  Guys’ Hockey has a very sick and long seeded culture of abuse.  The young boy players need to see their idols get serious punishments for this horrific behaviour.  Identify these rapists, and put them behind bars.  

On 7/22/2022 at 12:21 PM, -AJ- said:

Not surprising that this kind of garbage has happened a lot. Probably still tons of unreported cases out there related to NHL players or Major Junior players. Glad it's getting known and talked about more now.

I could tell some horrible stories from playing Jr in the 80's.  High level hockey players are not great people, for the most part.

• Upvote 1