The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade Matthew Tkachuk, conditional 2025 4th-round pick to Panthers for Jonathan Huberdeau, MacKenzie Weegar, Cole Schwindt, conditional 2025 1st-round pick

56 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Dunno, I'd be shocked if Calgary acquired said players without knowing where they're at with their asks and what it'd take to get en extension done 

Wouldn't be surprised to see extensions done this summer

I agree, Calgary wouldn't have done it without some assurances, imo.  

• Cheers 2

Just now, KyGuy123 said:

It shows what pending UFA’s are worth

In what way though? Again, people want to focus on value compared with other trades and I get it, but each trade is different. Each team trading has different needs and wants and will have different assets to give up.

Also, like I said, this trade's unique. It's not something we see every day. Miller could also be very much closer to what Calgary got for Tkachuk compared with what Florida got for Huberdeau. Logically, it's probably going to be somewhere in the middle between them.

So no, it really doesn't show what pending UFA's are worth. If anything, I'd argue it shows it being more all over the place when Debrincat can fetch 3 picks while Pacioretty becomes a cap space dump. lol

Yet, Miller's none of these players as he can play all 3 forward postions as well as putting up 99 points.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Doesn't matter, Both AB team have playoff spots unless bad injuries. We are a 7/8 seed at best. Hopefully we match with the coiler round 1

Edmonton still has 5 AHLers on their blueline and a locker room cancer for a captain.  They're 1 McDiver tantrum away from imploding.

• Haha 1

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Just curious, what makes you think a deal is there? Or has been there that we've turned down?

Doesn’t matter. The way they think they have until the deadline to trade him is risky and stupid and a distraction for the team. So many things that could go wrong by waiting. I think they screwed up by not moving him earlier. You think teams knowing that the Canucks are under pressure to get a deal done at the deadline are going to pony up their asking price? He could be injured by then. It doesn’t make sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Doesn’t matter. The way they think they have until the deadline to trade him is risky and stupid and a distraction for the team. So many things that could go wrong by waiting. I think they screwed up by not moving him earlier. You think teams knowing that the Canucks are under pressure to get a deal done at the deadline are going to pony up their asking price? He could be injured by then. It doesn’t make sense.

Do you have a line on what teams are offering that the Canucks are passing on? 

Maybe it's not the haul you think we'd get. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Do you have a line on what teams are offering that the Canucks are passing on? 

Maybe it's not the haul you think we'd get. 

So keep him. It worked out well last year.    I am asking you, do you think by waiting it’s going to improve things since last trade deadline? A year less and pending free agency. I think it’s worse.

• Upvote 1