The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen found NOT GUILTY!

Rate this topic

HKSR

This'll sure make a ton of people very angry, but it's such a difficult thing to prove years later. Regardless of how many of these cases turn out, hopefully these last handful of years is helping women feel more empowered to say no and leave the situation rather than going through with acts they don't want to and then regretting it later and for the rest of their lives. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Lessons to be learnt here. Innocent till proven guilty. If assaulted, as painfull and emotionally challenging as it may be, reporting it immediately is important. 

Probably the biggest lesson.....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, rekker said:

Lessons to be learnt here. Innocent till proven guilty. If assaulted, as painfull and emotionally challenging as it may be, reporting it immediately is important. 

I would say (sadly) that the biggest lesson so far from this off-season of sexual assault stories is: if you want to cut down on the probability of being sexually assaulted by hockey players, stay far away from them. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Zhukini said:

He’s well known around Vancouver nightlife, it’s no secret. 

Posters used to post around here all the time that knew him or his friends saying he was not a good person. I know that because I used to defend him and remember not taking it seriously when they did.

• Vintage 1