The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

Maybe they let Granato make the last couple of picks

Would've been really nice to add more RD (Sotheran or Allen) to the prospects, but I guess they figure Brz and Willy are enough. Hoping this Alriksson kid turns out

Really people are that upset with 4th round picks. Normal course would be none of them get to the league. 
We have filled  massive holes in prospect pool, focused on D an C! And the one winger we have drafted is a 6’6” project. 
No other picks until 6th round. This is where needed to take swings. 

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Really people are that upset with 4th round picks. Normal course would be none of them get to the league. 
We have filled  massive holes in prospect pool, focused on D an C! And the one winger we have drafted is a 6’6” project. 

It is more about drafting overagers. You shouldn't be doing that till the 6th round. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

IS he or is he 5 11 175lbs?

Player Facts
Date of Birth
Position
C
Height
5'11" / 180 cm
Place of Birth
Weight
174 lbs / 79 kg
Nation
Shoots
L
Youth Team
-
Contract
-
NHL Draft
Prospect eligible for the 2023 NHL Entry Draft
Highlights
1-time USHL Clark Cup Champion1

His awareness of the position of his teammates allowed him to connect plays rapidly to outpace the opposition in transition. And his poise enabled him to hold on to the puck to let those teammates get in the right position before feeding them the puck. -EliteProspects 2022 NHL Draft Guide

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

correct me if I am wrong.

But Mueller as a DY+2 could have simply been offered a contract right?  Same with Perkins if he didn't go in this draft?  they'd have been essentially free players right?

Mueller, yes. Perkins, I think, would have to go through the draft one more time

Bro, the 4th round is not where you take D+2 and D+1 players that you can easily sign in a couple of days on July 1st. That's what people are upset about. Take players with upside, it's not hard. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Laheys Liquor said:

Bro, the 4th round is not where you take D+2 and D+1 players that you can easily sign in a couple of days on July 1st. That's what people are upset about. Take players with upside, it's not hard. 

Ah yes the one team in the league theory of signing available players. 

• Like 1

Ah yes the one team in the league theory of signing available players. 

???
These players have been passed on by EVERY TEAM at least once, one of them has been passed on by every team twice. There is little risk or competition to sign these guys in free agency. Lol.

Axel Landen is a big physical D taken by SJ. Interesting player.

I liked Carolina getting Rykov at the top of the 4th round, hockeyprospect.com had him as a late first in the black book.

Not sure either way about our picks. The 6'6 winger is interesting. I remember all the hand wringing about Jake Wise when we took Madden & that turned out well for us so... Time to do some reading on these guys