The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

27 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

I feel like management gets approached if Benson is on the board at 11 to potentially trade down. I wouldnt go past 14 but depends on who is available. If we can get a late 1st or early 2nd to move down a few spots and still get one of our guys, im thinking it has to be done. 

Hard pass on Benson despite what he brings to the table. Canucks should only be focusing on C and D this draft. Reinbacher, ASP, Dvorsky, Moore, etc 

If we take either of ASP, Reinbacher or Dvorsky, that is not the wrong pick and where we're picking. Leonard and Moore and maybe Benson will be around then too. Honestly any of those picks is fine. I just hope we don't go completely off the table in case Allvin has been eyeing someone. For example, Lindstein lol.

I think the Americans are really boosting their draft value right now with this IHFF U18 tournament so it might leave guys like Reinbacher to fall back to us. ASP is dominating right now and honestly watching him skate around he just looks like Hughes, so I can see some team taking a flyer on him top-10. Dvorsky is dominating right now too, would have really liked him as a solid 2-way center but I think he'll be gone too. I've got a feeling Benson is going to fall big time, might be an interesting risky pick but if we take Benson over Reinbacher...oh boy CDC will implode.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If we take either of ASP, Reinbacher or Dvorsky, that is not the wrong pick and where we're picking. Leonard and Moore and maybe Benson will be around then too. Honestly any of those picks is fine. I just hope we don't go completely off the table in case Allvin has been eyeing someone. For example, Lindstein lol.

I think the Americans are really boosting their draft value right now with this IHFF U18 tournament so it might leave guys like Reinbacher to fall back to us. ASP is dominating right now and honestly watching him skate around he just looks like Hughes, so I can see some team taking a flyer on him top-10. Dvorsky is dominating right now too, would have really liked him as a solid 2-way center but I think he'll be gone too. I've got a feeling Benson is going to fall big time, might be an interesting risky pick but if we take Benson over Reinbacher...oh boy CDC will implode.

I think more people would be upset taking Reinbacher over the local player that has been rated top 5 all year. Reinbacher wasn’t even listed as a first rounder from the majority of scouts at the first quarter 

• Vintage 1

Moore and Reinbacher (if he’s available at 11) are my choices.

Moore could be the fastest skating player not named McDavid if he ever makes the NHL. His skating is incredible, and he’s a centre. 

If both happen to be picked before our pick, then I’d take either Perrault or Wood, again in that order. Perrault has the most points in the U20 US hockey history 

56 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

I think more people would be upset taking Reinbacher over the local player that has been rated top 5 all year. Reinbacher wasn’t even listed as a first rounder from the majority of scouts at the first quarter 

I definitely would not be upset at all, Reinbacher is exactly what this team needs. A potential partner for Hughes who is already playing pro hockey and succeeding. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I definitely would not be upset at all, Reinbacher is exactly what this team needs. A potential partner for Hughes who is already playing pro hockey and succeeding. 

Likely we could trade down to the back half of round one and still get Reinbacher. And we would get a second to do that. Win for us. 

6 hours ago, TheQuietQuitter said:

Here's a nice breakdown of his performance.  I hope he can continue this into the next round because I could watch him play all day.

He played a great game despite being constantly shadowed by 2 or more German players whether he had the puck or not. 

3 hours ago, Seannnp said:

I feel like management gets approached if Benson is on the board at 11 to potentially trade down. I wouldnt go past 14 but depends on who is available. If we can get a late 1st or early 2nd to move down a few spots and still get one of our guys, im thinking it has to be done. 

Hard pass on Benson despite what he brings to the table. Canucks should only be focusing on C and D this draft. Reinbacher, ASP, Dvorsky, Moore, etc 

I think Benson is gone by pick number 7. I'd be very very happy to take him at 11. 

6 hours ago, Seannnp said:

This year's draft seems different than years past. It seems that every team in the league 1-32 is going to have a shot a potential impact player as I have been impressed with a lot of these prospects over the last few weeks. I'm hoping we can package Rathbone, McDonaugh and some others that likely wont get a shot with the big club anytime soon and our 3rd and 4th round picks this year to move into the mid to late 2nd round. If PA can work some Burkie magic and make a few trades to move into the 1st and 2nd rounds we could see our prospect cupboard become respectable again. 

Now onto the rankings...i effin give up. 1 week I want to move Moore up, next its Wood and Barlow is dropping, then the following week Barlow and Perrault are showcasing themselves as top 10 potential picks and Benson falls a few spots. Safe to say we're likely getting a good one and every draft list leading to the draft is going to bust.  

I'd like to put a list down but i have 16 guys that could all realistically go top 10. 

Here's a lame attempt at the list nonetheless (mock draft style) 

Anaheim - Bedard 

Columbus - Fantilli 

Chicago - Calsson 

San Jose - Will Smith  

Montreal - Reinbacher 

Arizona -  Leonard 

Philadelphia - Benson 

Washington - Michkov

Detroit - Moore

St. Louis - Barlow  

Vancouver - Sandin-Pellika 

Ottawa - Wood 

Buffalo - Sale 

Pittsburgh - Dvorsky

Nashville - Danielson 

Calgary - Yager 

Montreal - Honzek 

Funny thing is I think Mitch could drop and if he did he absolutely wouldn't not get past the Caps. One Russian superstar replaces an aging legend.  Kind of like the Canucks and their Swedes 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Ironically they have Shimashev now ranked higher than him at 10 haha. Most lists also now have ASP higher too. I honestly don't see him going top 10. 

Especially with the recent form of some of the high end F's

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

Reinbacher does look good. He certainly skates better than Slow Mo Seider. But Seider is bigger and more physical. If Reinbacher is there at 11 we better take him. 
Why does Button have this guy at 26?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Reinbacher does look good. He certainly skates better than Slow Mo Seider. But Seider is bigger and more physical. If Reinbacher is there at 11 we better take him. 

Because it’s Craig button Lol. He’s hockeys Skip Bayless

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I want Reinbacher so badly.

In my mind he's only a shade below Nemec and Jiricek from last year's class.

Haven't heard Button's justification for having him as a late-first. Don't really care to, either...

He's not Mo Seider. Not in terms of size, strength, or offensive upside. 

But as you mentioned, he's a better skater. Just a smart modern defender. Fits what we're looking for like a glove.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1