The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

59 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Get that retro 2.0 jersey

If it's that rumored JC jersey not a chance in hell. I wouldn't even wear a JC jersey if it was a gift. I would give it away. I gave away a signed Henrik SiR jersey I won in a bar. I don't wear what I don't like, never mind pay for it.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

This is a very fair deal for both sides IMO. And this is going to look like a hell of deal for the Canucks a few years down the road when the cap raises, and players scoring 99 points sign contracts almost twice as much as this. 

Yeah no kidding...  

I can see MacKinnon getting a cool 13-14 mil/year next summer and then everything else skyrocketing.  There are 14 guys making 10 mil or more, I can see that being closer to 20 in 2 years time. 

2 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Governor advocating violence against those he disagrees with, Schools not being able to teach history/reality, Constant Flooding, Mass Shootings, Hurricanes and Floridumb Freedumb. Yeah I’m sticking with any city/town in Canada over that mess of a state. Great beaches and hot weather doesn’t make up for the rest of the insanity going on down there.

Sure to each their own. All I know is the boys in Florida weren't complaining.

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

Guarantee this is more total money and term than the new management had originally intended on spending. They were so up front about getting a handle on the team’s cap crunch over the next few years. They somehow were unable to garner good offers from other teams for JT, which seems like a bit of a fail to me. So it seems they just said F*ck It, let’s go all in and try to win now. But there is that issue of the defence. As much as I’d hate it, I wonder if they shop Bo to try to fix the defence. As much smack he gets form certain posters around here, Bo is HIGHLY regarded around the league. You would think they would get a nice package for him. But after failing to do so with JT, who the hell knows.

I hope this all works out. It’s all about winning a Cup, not having an entertaining team, with JT leading the offence, for the next handful of years. It’s all about the Cup.

Fail on who? The other GMs? I agree. You just said "They somehow were unable to garner good offers from other teams for JT". How is management supposed to control what other teams offer? Maybe we should have dangled our first as a sweetener so we could dump Miller's anchor of a contract. /s

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

So you would have paid him 2 million less for 2 less years?

If he claimed that he wanted to be here and win that badly. Then a couple of millions shouldn’t have mattered.

There’s a possibility that he could still earn those millions on his next contract.

Edited by shiznak

He is our big game player who plays in all situations for our team. Hard to argue with the numbers of the contract on this one, regardless if it was the right move or not. 

Nice to see management prioritize the Center position and by the sounds of it Defence going forward, definitely makes a fan feel more confident without seeing any major changes yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1