The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] October 1, 2022 Preseason: Canucks @ Kraken 6:30pm PT at Climate Pledge Arena SN1, SNP, ROOT-NW, SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, Muttley said:

I'm not. It's exhibition. Who cares. Most of this is for the guys that worked hard in camp and are being given a chance to play in an NHL game, albeit a meaningless one.

Its the end of the world if you ask some people around here. 0 points on the line and barely an NHL team on the ice and its time to get the torches out

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

No, it's obvious that Benning was spinning tires in the mud, especially leaving Travis Green where he was. Everytime he had something good, he'd somehow shoot himself in the foot.

And guess what Rutherford did? He made no big changes lol.

Let's get real here - Mikheyev is an interesting addition, but he's not really a boost in offense. Kuzmenko is unproven, and that's all the additions we have, along with LAzar.

My issue with this is the changing of narratives by the media/fans.

Again if you expected big changes the first off season with the mess Benning left behind you are bats*** crazy. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

Blaming the defense is pretty easy, but it's not like the forwards have done much.

Forwards have been absolutely useless.

It seems like they’ve never worked on line rushes at all. Like how do we enter the zone coach?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

I kind of wanted more from guys vying to start the season in place of Boeser and perhaps Mahayev.

Guys like Karlsson nd Dris need to stand out but are being outplayed by Di Guseppe and Aman.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AnthonyG said:

Its the end of the world if you ask some people around here. 0 points on the line and barely an NHL team on the ice and its time to get the torches out

Naw - that's not it.  We are just upset at the lack of commitment, lack of effort and, yes, lack of skill being displayed

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

How do they justify keeping Poolman in the lineup? 

Ppl need to chill.

They’re giving him a chance.

the guy has a big contract and some term, hasn’t played a pro game in a long time, and is just coming back from injuries that have prevented him from getting back to any consistent game shape. 

they have to try him. That’s part of the point of pre-season…to allow re-integration. Some guys are able to keep up shape in the offseason (EP) and some like Poolman have to use it just to obtain balance health wise.

im not saying keep him but I think it deserves a check to remember the investment in that player and his history, as to why he’s getting looks