The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday Oct 20/22 Vancouver Canucks (0-3-1) @ Minnesota Wild (0-3) at Xcel Energy Center 5:00pm PT SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

So true, look how long it took to get retribution on Keith's hit on Daniel. Daniel was retired by then that's how long it took. I don't think Myers has played like that since, by the way.

Myers always gets called for penalties for being too big.  

Look how horrible our PK was/is.  

It's no surprise that Myers isn't playing more physical. 

3 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Not a chance. We see he brings positivity even as fans watching from home. I don't believe one bit he's the problem. We've had problems way before Kuzmenko arrived. Besides he's a rookie. It's not like he's going to overstep his boundaries with vets in the room.

IMO the problem is the cliqueness. As an outsider I can see the cliqueness. It's always the same guys coming into the rink together at the same time. Not usually a different mix of players.

They need to start treating eachother as brothers going to war as opposed to coworkers collecting a paycheck who give eachother head nods at the water cooler. There's a lack of compete in the team and it all stems from the leaders.

I think Miller is probably the elephant in the room that everyone has a hard time with. And Bo is just so fricken soft spoken. He could still wear the 'C' but we need more players willing to step up and speak their mind. We just need more leaders. We're one of the youngest teams in the league. We need people who have been there done that and who will go to f***ing battle beside eachother.

No one holds the other team accountable when a big hit occurs on the ice. It's hockey FFS. It's supposed to be a rough sport. We need to start playing with some heart or this season is headed straight for the p!$$er. Really not interested in another season of barely missing the playoffs. We have the skill but it's time to battle for eachother. Skill single handedly won't win us games.

that's such an outdated myth........all that gets you is a penalty and 2 mins on pk.  Bo might not be demonstrative, but he's certainly not soft spoken, he looks dead serious all the time.  Stevie Y barely said a word as captain, yet I think most people would put him as one of the top 10 leaders in the history of the game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Not a chance. We see he brings positivity even as fans watching from home. I don't believe one bit he's the problem. We've had problems way before Kuzmenko arrived. Besides he's a rookie. It's not like he's going to overstep his boundaries with vets in the room.

IMO the problem is the cliqueness. As an outsider I can see the cliqueness. It's always the same guys coming into the rink together at the same time. Not usually a different mix of players.

They need to start treating eachother as brothers going to war as opposed to coworkers collecting a paycheck who give eachother head nods at the water cooler. There's a lack of compete in the team and it all stems from the leaders.

I think Miller is probably the elephant in the room that everyone has a hard time with. And Bo is just so fricken soft spoken. He could still wear the 'C' but we need more players willing to step up and speak there mind. We just need more leaders. We're one of the youngest teams in the league. We need people who have been there done that and who will go to f***ing battle beside eachother.

No one holds the other team accountable when a big hit occurs on the ice. It's hockey FFS. It's supposed to be a rough sport. We need to start playing with some heart or this season is headed straight for the p!$$er. Really not interested in another season of barely missing the playoffs. We have the skill but it's time to battle for eachother. Skill single handedly won't win us games.

100%. 

Bo Horvat, Brock Boeser, and JT Miller have skated away from conflict on the ice one too many times. 

Sure you can make an excuse for Bo every single time in isolation, but when it happens every single time then it becomes their identity.  

Soft players to play against. Full of skill, but easy pushovers in the end.  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

that's such an outdated myth........all that gets you is a penalty and 2 mins on pk.  Bo might not be demonstrative, but he's certainly not soft spoken, he looks dead serious all the time.  Stevie Y barely said a word as captain, yet I think most people would put him as one of the top 10 leaders in the history of the game.

Stevie Y said all he needed to say, on the ice. He was able to play in all aspects of the game, including physicality. He was one of my favorite players growing up because of this. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Podkolzin got run twice last game without any answer from our team.  

It's starting to become embarrassing. It took Petey having to do something at the end of the game when he tried to hit Blankenburg back (but missed). 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

100%. 

Bo Horvat, Brock Boeser, and JT Miller have skated away from conflict on the ice one too many times. 

Sure you can make an excuse for Bo every single time in isolation, but when it happens every single time then it becomes their identity.  

Soft players to play against. Full of skill, but easy pushovers in the end.  

again, that's a minor and disappearing element of the game and has no impact on the performance of the team, imo.  Back when you had goons and hard nosed players, maybe, but not now.

20 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

We all get that. But why Joshua? He has ten hits in 4 games playing on the 4th line. The bulk of those coming from one game lol. He had 0 hits last game. 

based on the rest of your post, I'm not sure that's true. 

16 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Wonder who's gonna be BB's whipping boy in the press-box tonight after the last four Horror-Shows?  JTM, BB, ?????

Bruce Boudreau - Age, Family, Bio | Famous Birthdays

I heard it’s Hogz.

… but we have 13 forwards that are healthy,  he has to do something.

Relax people.    “Drama Queens and Kings” ..  need thread for that !  Lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Would rather have Hoglander in than Joshua. He was brought in to play a heavy game but instead doesn't throw any hits and gets tossed around. Might as well have kept Highmore or Lammikko.

Back in the late spring I did two complete time consuming breakdowns of cost per goal-value and Time per goal - considering on TOI time on every player on the team and posted it in a thread called "Who really returns the Best Point Output Per $  (OFFICIAL/FINAL) 2021-22 Player Cost per Goal & Point")  and Lamimiko was one of the beter value players on the team.   That analysis was based on FACT - not heresay!  

Time PER GOAL & ASSIST  Factoring in T.O.I.

Player:            T.O.I. 21-22:   $/Min    Goals:  Min/Goal:    Points:  Min/Point:   

FORWARDS;

Pettersson       1487:36        $4,943      32            46                68             22           

Boeser              1320:32        $4,451      23            57               46             29          

Horvat               1365:47        $4,029      31            44(Low)     52             26         

Miller                 1686:09        $3,114      32            53               99             17(Low)           

Garland             1263:20        $3,919     19             66               52             24         

Pearson            1091:44        $2,979      14            78               34             32        

Sutter                              

Dickinson           808:36        $3,280       5            162               11            73          

Hoglander          786:53        $1,134      10              79              18            44        

Podkolzin         1010:29         $  916      14              72              26            39         

Lockwood          147:25         $5,728       0                                  0

Richardson        185:03         $4,324       2              93                4            46         

Chiasson            777:14         $  965      13              59              22            35         

Petan                  185:10         $4,054       0                                  2             93         

Lammikko          920:42         $   815       7             131              15            61        

Dries                   113:18        $6,637(High) 2            56                3            38         

Highmore           583:58         $1,241       5             117              12            49          

D-MEN:

Hughes             1919:10         $4,091        8            240              68             28       

OEL                   1763:24         $4,118        5            352              29             61        

Poolman             680:03         $3,676        1            680                3           227(High)     

Myers                1802:10         $3,330        1          1802(High)    18           100      

Dermott               287:12         $5,226        1            287                2           144     

Schenn              1135:51         $  749(Low)5            227              17             67     

Hunt                    762:39          $1,050       3             254             17              44       

Burroughs          543:20          $1,381       1             543               5            107    

COST PER GOAL & Point

Player:                 Cap Hit 21-22     Goals;   Cost per Goal:   Total points:        Cost per point;  

FORWARDS;

Pettersson           $7.350,000           32           $229,688              68                           $108,088             

Boeser                 $5,875.000           23           $255,435              46                           $127,717

Horvat                  $5,500.000           31           $177,419              52                           $105,769

Miller                    $5,250.000           32           $164,062              99                           $  53,030

Garland                $4,950.000           19           $260,526              52                           $  95,192

Pearson               $3,250.000           14            $232,143              34                           $  95,588

Sutter                   $1,125,000          

Dickinson             $2,650.000             5            $530,000              11                           $240,909

Hoglander            $   891,000            10           $ 89,100               18                           $ 49,500

Podkolzin             $   925,000            14           $ 66,071               26                           $ 35,577

Lockwood            $   842,000              0                                          0

Richardson          $   800,000              2            $400,000               4                          $200,000

Chiasson             $   750,000             13            $ 57,692 (LOW)  22                          $  34,091 (LOW)

Petan                   $   750,000              0                                           2                           $375,000

Lammikko           $   750,000              7             $107,142             15                           $  50,000

Dries                    $   750,000              2             $375,000               3                           $250,000

Highmore             $   725,000             5             $145,000             12                           $  60,417

D-MEN:

Hughes               $7,850,000           8              $  981,250               68                           $115,441

OEL                     $7,260,000           5              $1,452,000              29                           $250,344

Poolman             $2,500,000           1              $2,500,000               3                            $833,333  (HIGH)

Myers                  $6,000,000           1              $6,000,000 (HIGH)  18                           $333,000

Dermott               $1,500,000           1              $1,500,000               2                            $750,000

Schenn                $  850,000            5              $  170,000              17                            $ 50,000

Hunt                     $  800,000            3              $  266,666              17                            $ 47,059

Burroughs           $  750,000            1              $  750,000               5                             $150,000

TOTAL Avg cost per Goal;             *234          $301,893                                                                (= total Skater Salaries listed of $70,643,000/ divided by 234 Goals)

TOTAL Avg cost per Assist;                                                       623                             $113,392  (= total Skater Salaries listed of $70,643,000/ divided by 623 Assist)

*The other 15 goals scored by the team this year - totalling 249, is from other players not listed.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Podkolzin got run twice last game without any answer from our team.  

It's starting to become embarrassing. It took Petey having to do something at the end of the game when he tried to hit Blankenburg back (but missed). 

why would they "respond" to a hit?  What's the point?  To take a penalty, put the theam on the pk and likely give up a goal?  Where's the logic in that?  Podz wasn't hurt, had no impact on the rest of his game.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Travis Green never benched anyone when there were many, MANY times he should have, and fans whined.

Now we have a coach who's not afraid to scratch players, shake things up, hold them accountable, and fans still whine.

We've blown leads in four consecutive games. Do whatever it takes to turn this around. 

Good on Bruce!

I’m just upset it was Garland. The person that deserved to be scratched was Miller but maybe why Bruce went this route was because of the media/fan reaction would have been 10x 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Travis Green never benched anyone when there were many, MANY times he should have, and fans whined.

Now we have a coach who's not afraid to scratch players, shake things up, hold them accountable, and fans still whine.

We've blown leads in four consecutive games. Do whatever it takes to turn this around. 

Good on Bruce!

it's too bad he's choosing the completely wrong players to sit

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

If Hogz is scratched, then lol. Just LOL.

The guys effort has been perhaps the best on the team, shame about his stone hands. I suppose he may be the scapegoat for the OT loss during 3 on 3 circus time. This after we gave up a 3 on 0 a few moments earlier. I didn’t buy into the Boudreau charm offensive like many did and the bloom is most definitely mostly off the rose right now for me in terms of coaching wherewithal.

When healthy Hogs is the odd man out with this line-up. He must have the worst shooting in the NHL.

Just now, Devron said:

I’m just upset it was Garland. The person that deserved to be scratched was Miller but maybe why Bruce went this route was because of the media/fan reaction would have been 10x 

I'm more upset that we've blown these leads, so scratching guys is warranted. I agree Miller should take a seat for a game. People are making way too much of the scratching. They're pros. They get it ... May not like it but they get it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Zfetch said:

Some people are way too attached to a bottom 6 winger that came out of the 2nd round…those are dime a dozen

I love Hoglander but you are correct, he came from the 2nd round and still needs more development; you don't just get to stay on Petey's line unless you really earn it.

This Kuz-EP-Podz line is going to kill.

Kill I say!  Kill!  Kill!  Kill!

The dog is trying to kill everybody - GIF on Imgur

• Haha 1