The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] October 24, 2022 Carolina Hurricanes (3-1-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (0-4-2) Rogers Arena 7:30pm PT SN360 SNO SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

The silver lining of all this is that IF we know we’re out of playoff contention early into the season, the more opportunity there is to secure the best draft position and for mgmt to shop the living sh!t out of our trade block and secure the best deals possible up to TDL and irrespective of some imaginary or hypothetical due date based on our performance and odds of obtaining a wildcard spot. 

clarity is incredibly valuable to this club now, and is likely one of the major reasons we’ve been mediocre. No clear cut defined path.

Love this club. Want to see it rebuilt right. I’ll 100% support the lean years just like I would the winning ones. Think there’s a whole bunch of us that would do the same. GCG

If it's as clear as I suspect and you start the fire sale well before the TDL, well, that might just start the rats jumping off the ship.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Only silver lining here is Rathbone will get a really good look. I hope he can shore up his D game because he has top 4 potential offensively.

Yep, he looked heads and tails above where he was last year. Really good development for us.

1 hour ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Definitely one of my favorite Canuck memories.  Burr and Kes were magic together.  1st unit PK, agitators, scorers, best buds.  Sadly, I think this group has lost it's mojo and I'm ready for the blow up.  If i'm expecting them to suck I can no longer be dissappointed.  Take THAT, losing streak!

Game prediction, Canucks will win and give everyone false hope and then lose to Seattle.  I'd love to be proven wrong but

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

The team doesn't have burr, kes, juice type players.  Everyones an independent contractor now

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

The silver lining of all this is that IF we know we’re out of playoff contention early into the season, the more opportunity there is to secure the best draft position and for mgmt to shop the living sh!t out of our trade block and secure the best deals possible up to TDL and irrespective of some imaginary or hypothetical due date based on our performance and odds of obtaining a wildcard spot. 

clarity is incredibly valuable to this club now, and is likely one of the major reasons we’ve been mediocre. No clear cut defined path.

Love this club. Want to see it rebuilt right. I’ll 100% support the lean years just like I would the winning ones. Think there’s a whole bunch of us that would do the same. GCG

Absolutely right. Last thing we need is to be in the race, until after the TDL...

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I didn't think we'd be looking at discussing the potential missing playoffs scenario until February at the earliest. 

I don't get it. I mean how could it have gone off the rails this bad so fast?

Ummm, I tried to explain it you 700 times in the trade Miller thread. ::D

Just joking Jimmy ;)

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, RWJC said:

True. But better that he rest and recuperate rather than being overplayed like he has been or had to.
Same with Demko. 

Put the onus of the F who aren’t playing enough of a complete game to earn victories. 

Agreed.  We need him for the playoffs :bigblush:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

No Hughes, Boeser, Stillman, Poolman for tonight. 

Where’s my drink at? 

If I have an Aquilini burner account here, I'd say "At Rogers Arena, only $18 for a couple sips of beer!"

Edited by 1-d
  • Haha 3