The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bruins trade Jack Studnicka to Canucks for Michael DiPietro, Jonathan Myrenberg

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I would change the names, to someone that will make Allvin, look like a genius - Alex Chiasson for our 1st ?

We will do this, send away our first to a struggling team and just gd fold sending away our unprotected first this year to someone like Anaheim or Arizona.

with the statements about this trade, the statements made recently and the now obvious vision of retooling and going for it; I've little faith in this management group at all

Edited by Warhippy

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

We will do this, send away our first to a struggling team and just gd fold sending away our unprotected first this year to someone like Anaheim or Arizona.

with the statements about this trade, the statements made recently and the now obvious vision of retooling and going for it; I've little faith in this management group at all

Does the word apathy mean, anything ?

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How about we wait until they do that before exploding the volcano. 

I don't think with this ownership we will see the scortch earth rebuild we need but even then I don't expect them to do something as dumb as trading our unprotected first. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 1

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Does the word apathy mean, anything ?

ya.  I don't care enough to explain it though ;)

The thing is, people will assume I/you/we are upset about the trading of this prospect, and not at the contradictory and seemingly backwards statements this management group makes vs their actions.

We ALL know what this team needs, this org and we see that this management group is saying the same things the last one did then committing the same actions which run against the actual needs.

I 100% believe Allvin is in over his head here because the Aqua man will not let him do a gd thing and he's not experienced enough to stop him.  JR has been a questionable manager much of his career as it was.  I am not as upset at the loss of Myrenburg (even though I liked him) as I am about how absolutely blind this group is regarding this team, its fans and its needs.  A retool is like f***ing our way to the middle in a corporate position

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • There it is 1

I really liked Studnicka in junior, so I’m gonna be more optimistic than most. Haven’t followed him too closely in the pros, but I know he didn’t get too much of an opportunity with the NHL Bruins, but has been quite good for the AHL Bruins.

I’m gonna wait and see how he looks for the Canucks before judging this trade too harshly. 

I think he may end up being a player for us. And quite possibly prove in the end to be the best piece in this deal.

Right now, he’s a depth-level warm body for an injured team. But he has upside. Produced well at lower levels. Skates well, plays a good two-way game, good workrate/effort and grit, can PK, RH shot centre who can win faceoffs, and at 23 he still has some runway left development-wise (especially since he was a bit of a pandemic casualty, much like DiPietro was here).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I really liked Studnicka in junior, so I’m gonna be more optimistic than most. Haven’t followed him too closely in the pros, but I know he didn’t get too much of an opportunity with the NHL Bruins, but has been quite good for the AHL Bruins.

I’m gonna wait and see how he looks for the Canucks before judging this trade too harshly. 

I think he may end up being a player for us. And quite possibly prove in the end to be the best piece in this deal.

Right now, he’s a depth-level warm body for an injured team. But he has upside. Produced well at lower levels. Skates well, plays a good two-way game, good workrate/effort and grit, can PK, RH shot centre who can win faceoffs, and at 23 he still has some runway left development-wise (especially since he was a bit of a pandemic casualty, much like DiPietro was here).

So why, if Dipietro and Studnika saw-off, did we add our best right shot D prospect? 

We should be adding picks and prospects; not trading them away for (soon to be) 24 year old journeymen.  Our philosophy of trying to “retool”, which comes from the owner, is wrong. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The thing is, people will assume I/you/we are upset about the trading of this prospect, and not at the contradictory and seemingly backwards statements this management group makes vs their actions.

We ALL know what this team needs, this org and we see that this management group is saying the same things the last one did then committing the same actions which run against the actual needs.

I 100% believe Allvin is in over his head here because the Aqua man will not let him do a gd thing and he's not experienced enough to stop him.  JR has been a questionable manager much of his career as it was.  I am not as upset at the loss of Myrenburg (even though I liked him) as I am about how absolutely blind this group is regarding this team, its fans and its needs.  A retool is like f***ing our way to the middle in a corporate position

Well said and to their own peril....

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yes. Ownership is themproblem and always has been. 

I would live to hear a "Sell the team chant" on Roger's Arena in the near future. 

That said this trade doesn't move the needle in any one direction so I won't read too much I to it.

Alvin's comment on the trade on the other hand... :unsure:

1 minute ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Weird trading 2 decent prospects for a player that doesn't put up many points.

lol decent prospect? Dipietro will never play in the NHL.. he's barely good enough for the AHL.. the covid and having to call him up for emergency and letting him get shelled in his 1st ever nhl game prolly destroyed the kid. it's a trade that doesnt' do anything for either side.. and more likely than not we'll ever see any of them in the NHL for more than a couple games here and there. although i'm surprise it's 2 for 1 not 1 for 1

Just now, x00x said:

no we gave up a good right hand d prospect, a good goalie and a draft pick for a player none know about nor puts up many points, makes no sense

I know a lot of people are upset over this trade, but regardless of opinion let’s try to at least stick with the facts. There was no draft pick given for Studnicka. Dhaliwal’s tweet was wrong.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1