The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

Just now, Pears said:

He’s probably our 2nd best RD in terms of overall ability right now. Who cares if Chatfield is doing well with someone else right now let’s not forget he was awful at both levels when he was in our system. 

If Bear's our 2nd best RD, we're in no position to be trading futures away.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Canuck fans stuck in the past and letting past events influence reactions to current decision-making. Too predictable.

It's definitely worth the gamble. 

What if he comes in, plays steady and finds his game here? 

Not counting on it, but it's possible. 

If worse comes to worst - try to trade him at the TDL or let 'em walk. 

A 5th is peanuts to pay, not to mention salary retention.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

He’s probably our 2nd best RD in terms of overall ability right now. Who cares if Chatfield is doing well with someone else right now let’s not forget he was awful at both levels when he was in our system. 

Chatfield comes at 1.5 mil cheaper for them too. But wait that couldn’t be why. Am I doing this right.  

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

What makes you think that trading away draft picks at every opportunity to try and improve the team today will somehow work today when it hasn't worked in the past?  

We need Ethan Bear just as much as we needed Sven Baertschi, Linden Vey, Erik Gudbranson, Philip Larsen, Emerson Etem, Brandon Prust, Jason Dickinson and Madison Bowey.  Madison Bowey is my favourite trade, getting that stud RHD that we needed for a 4th AND and 5th round pick, truly a work of genius by Benning...

Bowey was acquired so the Canucks could fulfill expansion draft requirements for exposed players…

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, IRR said:

You want to attack me because I call out your s***, but your are as toxic and negative as it gets! You are seriously on here all day every day spewing garbage…..you don’t have a job, hobby, family? Like wtf is your deal?! Also, your egotistical / condescending “I hope this helps” shtick is immature and in no way makes you better than anyone. Honestly, it makes you look like an a h***! 

Animated GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

What makes you think that trading away draft picks at every opportunity to try and improve the team today will somehow work today when it hasn't worked in the past?  

We need Ethan Bear just as much as we needed Sven Baertschi, Linden Vey, Erik Gudbranson, Philip Larsen, Emerson Etem, Brandon Prust, Jason Dickinson and Madison Bowey.  Madison Bowey is my favourite trade, getting that stud RHD that we needed for a 4th AND and 5th round pick, truly a work of genius by Benning...

Miller.gif.8edda3c72fc93d4f338a82ef58a8c44d.gif

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, IRR said:

You want to attack me because I call out your s***, but your are as toxic and negative as it gets! You are seriously on here all day every day spewing garbage…..you don’t have a job, hobby, family? Like wtf is your deal?! Also, your egotistical / condescending “I hope this helps” shtick is immature and in no way makes you better than anyone. Honestly, it makes you look like an a h***! 

Very normal reaction from a very normal person.

• Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1