The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 1, 2022 New Jersey Devils(6-3-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(2-5-2) 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena SN360 SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

All that money our brainless owner spent. Just for an even bigger boat anchor 

He’s had a rough game tonight l agree, but overall OEL has been solid to cery good for our defence. Wouldn’t call him a boat anchor by any means. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Nah, I love Horvat but he's not worth Seider

I'd be astounded if NYI moved Dobson 

If you go back to 2017-18 on he's been on pace for roughly 25 goals per over 82

Now, on pace isn't 25 goals isn't actually 25 goals but he's consistently been a Swiss army knife center who's put up 20+ goals and 45-50ish points for a while now 

On Sh!t teams mind you 

10 minutes ago, rampage said:

How nice would it have been if we had just let Roussel, Eriksson, and Beagle just expire instead of trading for OEL.........

I still remember the certain people defending that trade scenario when Benning showed interest and actually vouching for it to happen here on CDC.

Saying things like "if you take have a chance to add a solid player, you do it no matter the cost" and calling out the people who were against it. I'm not going to name the users but I'm l.m.f.a.o now.

I love watching people act like smart@sses and then eat their words. It was way too predictable even then.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

He’s had a rough game tonight l agree, but overall OEL has been solid to cery good for our defence. Wouldn’t call him a boat anchor by any means. 

Which game has he had a good game this season? He was great last season. Looks like somebody poured cement in his skates and gloves this year. I dunno how anybody could defend his play this year. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Why is it even still a pairing…It was never good.

OEL is struggling enough, he doesn’t need to be dragging a giraffe around on his back too.

It’s just bizarre for how solid each can be separated but together they’re god awful. Doesn’t make any sense. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Breezer and Burroughs should have played

Yep.

Briseboise played a calm steady game and skated the puck well.

Burroughs along with Schenn actually gives us an identity of a physical team.

Bear and Stillman might be okay, but after two wins it was not the time for a lineup change.

Seems like the coaches just wanted to appease Hughes so he could play against his bro. Should have had at least another practice. He looks lost out there.

• Cheers 1