The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, UnkNuk said:

Absolutely right.

So let's give them twenty games and see how things stand.

This premature panic is unseemly.

it's not panic.

its just hope, hope that management realizes that the odds of turning this season around is low low low.

SELL SELL SELL

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Would you honestly take Miller and his extension if you were a GM of any NHL team right now?

Or Boeser, Pearson, Myers, etc, etc. If they cant play on this team, what makes you think they can play on others, and why would a team trade for them. You can say blow it up, trade bla, bla all day long. You can't trade what no one wants either. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

it's not panic.

its just hope, hope that management realizes that the odds of turning this season around is low low low.

SELL SELL SELL

Let's be real... who are you selling? If I'm a GM there's maybe 2 or 3 players I'd take lmao

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I’ve tried to be as positive and optimistic as I can with the Canucks ever since the Sedin era ended, but if 23 shots and this game where Demko is hung out to dry, our specialty teams were awful, our forwards didn’t play offense, we handed numerous chances to our opponents and we had a 15% disadvantage on faceoffs is what “trying their best” looks like then we need some major changes in the locker room immediately. This was an unacceptable performance, period. Very disappointing statement from Hughes.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I haven't seen panic in this thread though, it's mostly people saying we laid an egg and gave up multiple odd man rushes

They'll get their twenty games but the results on the ice weren't good tonight and that's been a pattern much of the season 

We must be reading different threads.   ::D

• Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

The organization, by prioritizing MIller over Bo, made a mistake in my opinion. I hope Bo keeps on trucking like he is and gets the contract he deserves…hopefully with the Canucks but could very well be somewhere else. And that would be too damn bad.

Rutherford, I do believe you bet on the wrong horse.

I keep thinking the same.  In the end they might force themselves into a corner where they have to move Bo.  They need 2-3 top 4 d men and their trade chips are very limited.  Drafting their way out of this will take years - which is ok if you trust them to do it right.

Also, the kid is undervalued by some.  I think of a hypothetical game 7 situation, game is tied...who would you trust the most on this team?  Id bet on Bo.  He will be a definite difference maker for any team that is on the cusp.

• Cheers 1

Just seems right to trade Bo from this tire fire and go full rebuild. He's having a great year and honestly, I don't think he's going to sign an extension with this cyclical trash.

Change this team's roster from the top up. Only untouchable is Pettersson at this point.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

JR added 14 3rd pairing Dmen instead of trying to get one top 4 RHD.  Also added another 14 wingers.  I think he forgot how to actually build a team…

Look what he started with he’s a pile of crap fix 8 years of stupid with no prospects no cap and no assets we can afford to lose.

Don’t get me wrong I was disappointed when we came to this season with basically the same crap  pile Jb try to sell for years 

but until boeser  miller pearson Myers OEL and others are gone this club is in trouble and it’s Jb team. 
let’s put it this way if this team was winning Benning fan boys would be calling this JB team. But it’s not so…….

• Like 1

All those who are screaming for massive trades and a Tank are as usual, not thinking.

The worst finishing team in the league only has an approx. 25% chance of picking #1.

What is needed are D-men... that is the problem... has been the problem for the last 5 years.

The fact that Rutherford, Alvin and team didn't not focus on this in the off-season does not look good on them.

• Cheers 1

Ugly jerseys

No passion except for the last two minutes 

Demko looking un-bubble-like

Pretty all round awful game.

Schenn didn’t deserved to get tossed. He was punching the guy on the ice because the guy refused to fight for the first few seconds and then cheap shotted Schenn, before Schenn could finally get in there.

Edited by Slegr

Just now, Doxm said:

Let's be real... who are you selling? If I'm a GM there's maybe 2 or 3 players I'd take lmao

Horvat nets a 2023 + 2024 1st to a contender with 50% salary retention

Kuzmenko nets a 2023 1st (if he keeps up his pace- also because of his salary)

Garland nets a 2nd 

Schenn nets a 3rd or so

Myers at 50% retained gets a pick of some kind