The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 5 2022 - Nashville Predators @ Vancouver Canucks - 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Put Podz at 3c for a game

Not a bad suggestion  - grooming Podz as a center.  As Deb said earlier, he plays all over the ice (like a typical Russian-coached rover center). So have Cull and Hank work with him to develop center skills.  He did take quite a few face-offs in his World Junior captaincy stint.

He could be a prototypical 3rd line Center

11 minutes ago, Muttley said:

The only reason JT Miller is playing wing is because the coaching staff is stacking up on two scoring lines. Would've been great to have three but it just

hasn't worked out, as of yet..

As long as we’re scoring.

Under Green we were losing games and struggling to score.

At least this is entertaining even if it’s not a recipe for long term success.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Even if Miller primarily plays wing it's fine. 8M for a PPG winger (who can slide over) is solid value.

Boeser to me is the one we need to move. Hopefully he can get back & be put in a position to play well so he boosts his value.

I'd also say they need to do the same with Rathbone, ala Hodgson back in the day.

When the cap goes up 8 mil will be standard for a 30 goal scoring winger.

Not worried about value, more worried about long term center depth. For some reason we keep drafting wingers and are ignoring our organizational weaknesses.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not worried about value, more worried about long term center depth. For some reason we keep drafting wingers and are ignoring our organizational weaknesses.

Losing Sutter left a huge hole.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Aman's adapted well and Karlsson's looking good at AHL level. Just need to trade Horvat for a younger Swedish version and we're all good.

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Aman's adapted well and Karlsson's looking good at AHL level. Just need to trade Horvat for a younger Swedish version and we're all good.

Except Karlsson is playing wing (and did most of last season in Sweden when he broke Petey's rookie goalscoring record)

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

Miller on the wing at $8m+ is far worse value than miller at c at $8m+.........which was already a terrible deal for Van

He earned his contract and given today’s climate, he signed well below market value. He and Dem were our MVPs last season. It’s obvious both are struggling but they will get back into form. It happens. He didn’t just end up being a garbage player. You don’t just go from a 100 point guy to this in the start of the very next season. I’m getting tired of this hate. You want to go one players, go on the ones that have consistently played awful and not played up to their contracts. You can’t say that about Miller. Not yet anyways. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

He earned his contract and given today’s climate, he signed well below market value. He and Dem were our MVPs last season. It’s obvious both are struggling but they will get back into form. It happens. He didn’t just end up being a garbage player. You don’t just go from a 100 point guy to this in the start of the very next season. I’m getting tired of this hate. You want to go one players, go on the ones that have consistently played awful and not played up to their contracts. You can’t say that about Miller. Not yet anyways. 

no argument here, but it's a horrible contract for Vancouver........just absolutely horrible

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks
10:00 PM EST

REFEREES

Steve Kozari #40
SK40.jpg?resize=120%2C120
Tom Chmielewski #18
TC18.jpg?resize=120%2C120
Games ’22-23 10 9
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 75 / 14 75 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1095 / 123 423 / 0
First NHL Game 10/15/05 4/8/14
Birthplace Penticton, BC Scott AFB, IL
Goals/Gm 6.5 (8) 6.1 (29)
PP/Gm 3.1 (10) 3.1 (10)
Penl/Gm 3.9 (12) 4.1 (8)
PIM/Gm 9.2 (14) 9.7 (8)
% of Penl on Home 47.0% (31) 47.0% (31)
More Penl on Rd % 11.0% (15) 14.0% (8)
Home Win % 57.0% (12) 59.0% (8)
Home Rec. 43-32 44-31
OT/SO Games 20.0% (26) 16.0% (39)
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 2nd 3rd
2021-22 34% 39% 27% 32% 41% 27%
Team Records 21-22 20-21 19-20 21-22 20-21 19-20
NSH 1-2 0-2 4-1 1-2 1-2 2-2
VAN 3-1 0-0 5-1 4-2 0-0 3-4

LINESMEN

Trent Knorr #74
2021_TK74.jpg?resize=120%2C120&ssl=1
Justin Johnson #57
2021_JJ57.jpg?resize=120%2C120&ssl=1
Games ’22-23 10 6
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 75 / 4 53 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 562 / 24 59 / 0
First NHL Game 11/13/13 10/23/21
Birthplace Powell River, BC Winnipeg, MB

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

enjoy it because one of them is gone by the end of the year

I'll be repetitive but I agree. I think both Miller and Boeser will be gone. If it is only them gone it will be a commitment by management of a rebuild on the fly. I don't know if moving just those two gets the job done. I doubt it.  

41 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

In his defense, that isn't his natural position.  One of the toughest positions to switch from (winger to center).  Not many can do that well.  Trevor Linden comes to mind, but he's like one in a million.

Yeah, he definitely needs someone to play defence for him. <_<

• Haha 1