The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jake Virtanen signs with Visp EHC (Switzerland)

Okay. He’s not our property anymore and he’s no longer even in the NHL. I know his tenure in Vancouver was a failure but let’s give it a rest. We don’t need to reopen the Virtanen discussion yet again.

Edited by McBackup
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

45 minutes ago, Provost said:

Don’t get your knickers in a bunch because it makes you sad in this case.

I made a comment about Virtanen in the Virtanen thread and now you're upset at me about it and telling me not to.

Oh how the turntables have.

• RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, McBackup said:

I made a comment about Virtanen in the Virtanen thread and now you're upset at me about it and telling me not to.

Oh how the turntables have.

… no, you made a post telling people to stop posting.  I didn’t tell you not to post… I told you not to get your knickers in a bunch about people having a discussion in a discussion forum.

Figure out the difference and get back to us on that.

• Like 2

Just now, Provost said:

I told you not to get your knickers in a bunch about people having a discussion in a discussion forum.

Exactly, you're inexplicably upset and downright rude just because I posted about Jake Virtanen in a Jake Virtanen thread.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Dude… this is the Canucks forums… we still talk about Cam Neely… Michael Grabner… Frankie Corrado… Tryamkin… etc.  Virtanen is recent news.

Heck, this particular category talks about minor league waiver players that never played for the Canucks.

Don’t get your knickers in a bunch because it makes you sad in this case.

Yeah I'm still mad they traded Bobby Smautz to the Bruins !

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

In a swiss second division he will skate eights around everyone… Or has he gained so much weight?

I think he will do really well in a lame second tier league.  Perhaps it's the only league that offered him

a contract, but other than building a false confidence, it will not challenge him or improve his game in

any way. 

Jake's father was born in Finland, which would have been a much better opportunity for him. 

Of course, these Euro teams would all be aware of Jake's history of being unprepared for training

camps and lack of discipline and commitment to his craft.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1