The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

someone else said that.........who plays the same game as Garland?  How is he redundant?

Redundant might not be the right term. 

Personally I just think he plays scared. I think he's extremely skilled and hardworking but he plays too scared. It's easy for the other team to defend and possess pucks against.

I would like to see someone else making that money. That's it.

5 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

-Boudreau's choices lately are just baffling. Why no Burroughs? Why isn't Brisebois up with the big club? 

Why break up Mil - Petey - Kuz? 

Why take Kuzmenko off PP1? 

Why break up Aman's line? 

Why is JT at center and not on Horvat's wing? Why is JT on the PK? 

Agreed on all fronts...

Bruce seems fixated on tinkering with the few things that were decent for so far.

Literally those 4 points have been my only optimistic take on the team so far this season.

And while not the biggest Brisebois supporter, big Burroughs fan. Really missing his tenacity and heart.

... Geez Boeser looks slow out there. Another setback. The guy just can't get a break.

Alvin asked bruce to showcase boeser, but it backfired. Any team witnessing his play is steering clear

36 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

Stop it.  You wouldn't even know the word structure if the media didn't tell you that's the new cool word to say.  

I think you're wrong on that. 

They play foxhole-to-foxhole hockey. Poor puck support and too many guys playing on the wrong side of the puck .... it all adds up to a team that loses far too many battles, and has to scramble to recover. 

5 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

^ Exactly.

JR is leading this team off a cliff by undermining the coach and the team's confidence in him.

Good news is I no longer give a crap.  After the last 10 years of futility and last year's hope that BB had the answers this is brutal this year with a president saying what he is saying.

Hey Rutherford why don't you give me my money back for my tickets?

Yup, I’ve stuck with this team through thick and thin and I’m done.

Anyway……see you tomorrow

PS at least Arsenal are 5 points clear at the top going into World Cup break. Thank you Brentford

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It is hyperbolic for sure. Hasn't really made any big moves yet (beyond extending Miller... which hopefully they course correct) to even put his stamp on the team.

But to be fair, he should have traded Miller, should have nailed the layup that was Marino for Rathbone +  with the cap space that freed, and focused on the things they said they were focus on (cap, getting younger, adding depth, addressing D etc).

Yeah I'll agree with that.

Still way too early to be calling for his head.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Maginator said:

Redundant might not be the right term. 

Personally I just think he plays scared. I think he's extremely skilled and hardworking but he plays too scared. It's easy for the other team to defend and possess pucks against.

I would like to see someone else making that money. That's it.

you think Garland plays scared?  I think many, if not most, see him as having the most heart and being the most fearless.  He goes to all the tough places and does well......I think, other than Bo, he's the best player on the boards and in the corner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It is hyperbolic for sure. Hasn't really made any big moves yet (beyond extending Miller... which hopefully they course correct) to even put his stamp on the team.

But to be fair, he should have traded Miller, should have nailed the layup that was Marino for Rathbone +  with the cap space that freed, and focused on the things they said they were focus on (cap, getting younger, adding depth, addressing D etc).

It's only a feeling but I think that Rutherford wants to make line up changes and coaching changes.  To be fair to the new coach, player changes will come first

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hey, Jordie Benn is one of the ones people don't talk about much, but there's another veteran that was here once Tanev and Marky left.  

The leadership stinks with this group.  Once Tanev and Marky left, the room got handed over to JT and Bo.  Edler and Schmidt wanted out.  

We've now seen guys like Jordie Benn and Jalen Chatfield go to other Stanley Cup contenders and fill in admirably on their 3rd pairings.  

"Our defense sucks" is holding less and less water for me with each passing game.  Our leadership sucks and I feel bad for a guy like Schenn.  

JT Miller is a great player but he needs to be on a team that has a well defined veteran leadership and where he falls in line.  He would be great on a contender that's slightly older (a-la-Boston or Islanders).  

Not only them, Sutter is now also gone and even a guy like Beagle (although he was overpaid) I think helped play leadership roles in many ways. 

Maybe not much was done on the ice from their part but off the ice they were.

Reminds me of when we had Ryan Miller sticking up for our guys (literally) and being that calming veteran presence needed in goal too. 

Really shows you the importance of maturity needed in the room. 

Stillman blows. Should NOT be playing in place of Burroughs. 

Boeser taking Kuzmenko’s spot on the PP sucks. 

Pettersson needs to shoot more instead of holding on to the puck and deciding where to place the puck. 

Martin was out of position on the third goal. 

let’s hope they show out tomorrow

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Problem with OEL is I don't think he'll be willing to waive to be moved anywhere. He really didn't even want to leave Arizona.

Really hope Myers can be gone this summer. I truly believe he's the problem on our Blueline. OEL needs to play with someone who actually thinks the game. Can't stand the constant terrible decision after terrible decision that Myers makes. Consistent turnovers, chipping it out instead of passing to the open man, poor coverage, the list goes on. This happens every night where he creates scoring opportunities for the other team.

Garland... Meh. From my perspective he's too small. Very skilled but he's not a game breaker. 

Boeser I won't even start. Not the same since his back injury and that's just that. Nowhere worth near 6M. 

I have defended Myers a lot as I think that he's been getting too much flack but I cannot defend him this year.  Just cannot make a play to save his life.  

Garland has had piss poor deployment since he landed here.  He's been getting shifted from line to line, got scratched, no PP1 time...  I mean hardly any PP time period because as we saw today, our top players JT, Quinn, Horvat, Petey, Brock are allowed to go out there for 1 minute and 50 seconds to try and score instead of giving PP2 a chance.  

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Just forget about the team for a few years. I never watched Loui Erricson play a single game. I tuned out after the 2015 draft. Never turned it back on till 2021. 

It’s on and background noise while I do computer work now. Literally going to the game next Friday as a precursor for the rest of the night