The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Define "liquidate".   :frantic:

Take as many young players or picks as possible. Take as little cap back as possible. Just get rid of these guys for the sake of cap. 

The only guy really worth anything is Garland. He's too freakin small though. Played scared tonight.

4 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

So frustrating. Petterson has lost the desire to shoot. And most players can't hit the net. The confidence sucks. I'm about 3 games from team tank. Also, boo on the refs for gifting Mathews that first powerplay. 

Looks like Petey and Huggy are still playing hurt

4 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Agreed but let's be real.. OEL is going nowhere with that contract. 

Myers, Garland, Boeser are all redundant.

Miller is decent but will hold us back in 4 years when we're ready to compete.

OEL can be sold with just a bit of retention.  He's just not having a good start to this year, but our whole team is sucking.  If we go into a rebuild, having OEL eat up 7 mil/year will not be as big of an issue.  I mean a rebuild will mean shedding lots of salary and not spending to the cap, right?  

Myers' value will go up a lot once this year is done.  Garland is a part of the solution IMO, he's one of the hardest workers on the team and has the most pushback.  

Boeser will need to have his value pumped this year in order to be able to move him for anything.  Kuzmenko is a better option on PP1, but if they keep forcing Boeser there I will be okay with it once we enter team tank territory.  

7 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Agreed but let's be real.. OEL is going nowhere with that contract. 

Myers, Garland, Boeser are all redundant.

Miller is decent but will hold us back in 4 years when we're ready to compete.

someone else said that.........who plays the same game as Garland?  How is he redundant?

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

This season was all set up to fail it seems.  Rutherford clearly doesn't want Bruce as the coach.  If the person at top isn't confident in the coach, how is the rest of the team suppose to be?  

^ Exactly.

JR is leading this team off a cliff by undermining the coach and the team's confidence in him.

Good news is I no longer give a crap.  After the last 10 years of futility and last year's hope that BB had the answers this is brutal this year with a president saying what he is saying.

Hey Rutherford why don't you give me my money back for my tickets?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

The Good: 

-Spencer Martin, he was awesome and exactly what we expect from Demko. Don't need shutouts, just give us a chance like he did tonight. 

-Horvat had a great game, not just the goal but overall game as well. 

-Joshua Aman Studnicka line was excellent in the first but then got broken up inexplicably 

The Bad: 

- Myers just wasn't good tonight. 

- OEL made a few nice plays but looked lost out there at times that were puzzling. Is he being asked by Mike Yeo to run around and take weird routes? 

- JT wasn't moving his feet. He was involved and threw hits, but he's not showing enough leadership defensively. 

-Bear and Stillman just weren't good. 

The ugly: 

-Hoggy just doesn't look good or even NHL material. He needs to go to AHL. 

-Boudreau's choices lately are just baffling. Why no Burroughs? Why isn't Brisebois up with the big club? 

Why break up Mil - Petey - Kuz? 

Why take Kuzmenko off PP1? 

Why break up Aman's line? 

Why is JT at center and not on Horvat's wing? Why is JT on the PK? 

If we don't win the next two games on the road, I'm officially done with the playoff pursuit. 

-Boudreau's choices lately are just baffling. Why no Burroughs? Why isn't Brisebois up with the big club? 

Why break up Mil - Petey - Kuz? 

Why take Kuzmenko off PP1? 

Why break up Aman's line? 

Why is JT at center and not on Horvat's wing? Why is JT on the PK? 

Agreed on all fronts...

Bruce seems fixated on tinkering with the few things that were decent for so far.

Literally those 4 points have been my only optimistic take on the team so far this season.

And while not the biggest Brisebois supporter, big Burroughs fan. Really missing his tenacity and heart.

... Geez Boeser looks slow out there. Another setback. The guy just can't get a break.

There was no pressure or zone time in the 3rd, in fact, Toronto was the team playing like they were pushing for the equalizer!

When they skated off the ice, they all looked like “meh, oh well, another day at the office.” I wish players didn’t have guaranteed contracts and you could just send players down or flat out release them.