The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

It will become clear they will need to move Horvat when he lets them know he will not re-sign here. I don't have the foggiest idea why he would. 

Agree, he needs to force their hand and tell them he won't resign. In a way, I hope he pulls a Gaudreau, to slap management and ownership in the face. Maybe then, they'll realize they need to do things the right way. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Don't get this. It's been less than a year.

Multiple NMC's or modified NMC's which are hard to deal. We were good on paper and everyone was stoked for the season.

The only trade that's looking bad so far is the Stillman deal. Looks awful actually.

I like the rest of the moves though. I think something big is coming, whether it's Bruce or a core piece moved. It's going to happen Monday after we lose to the Bruins tomorrow.

Canucks Management on life support at the deadline unable to procure any draft picks backing themselves into a corner on the Brock and Miller extensions. Not getting the Bo deal done this offseason once again backing themselves into a corner. Signing Mikheyev to do a job Motte was doing just fine with the money they could have spent on D. Ya the Stillman deal yikes. And this....

Hmm Lekkerimaki?? BPA really Alvin really???? Currently on pace for 17 count em points in the freakin allsvenskan. The sniper has 1 goal. How did we not draft Kemell or one of the hulking D.

2022-23 1.png Djurgårdens IF HockeyAllsvenskan 15 1 4 5 0 2 |              
  31.png Sweden U20 (all) International-Jr 1 0 0 0 0 -1 |              
  1.png Projected  HockeyAllsvenskan 51 3 14 17 0 7 |

Throwing Bruce there it is under the bus when they failed to address the defense this offseason honestly this is the most bumbling MGMT group I've seen since NoNutz

• Cheers 4

A woman called 650 about the Gagliardi curse from when the Aquas dishonoured the gentleman’s agreement to buy the Canucks together. That plus their background as slum landlords would seem to have created a black hole of negative karma. Aqualini family must sell the team to lift the curse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

Because he's just entering his prime and has upside, getting rid of JT brock and myers makes more sense. You saying keep them and trade Bo? Realisticly we aint trading the whole tem

Lol this is such hindsight is 20/20 BS. Last year Miller was just entering his prime and we need to sign him. Now Bo starts the season with his best scoring pace. 15 games into the season and it's "Bo is in his prime dump JT!" How about dump both and realize this team needs to collect assets. Signing Bo does nothing to move this team forward

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Extra picks are a small part of the equation. They often don’t equal much.

Every team that has rebuilt and become a top team has done it on their top 3 picks.

Picks are important depends what round and how good your amateur scouting is

2 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Agree, he needs to force their hand and tell them he won't resign. In a way, I hope he pulls a Gaudreau, to slap management and ownership in the face. Maybe then, they'll realize they need to do things the right way. 

Yeah I hope the same too. Management needs to be screwed around to get the message across. Horvat would be crazy to resign here with this mess. In fact there is zero reason for any player to want to resign here, especially with a perennial losing culture that exists.

Until we get new ownership and management that actually has a proper plan and vision I don't want to cheer for them anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I still wonder what made OEL and that contract so desirable? Made no sense then and it doesn't now and it screwed the franchise unless they eventually buy him out.

benning saw OEL play when he was younger, figured old OEL = young OEL, also had 0 interest in analytics that pointed to a player on the decline

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Trade whoever it takes to make this team better.

I have no emotional attachment anymore, and neither should management.

If Hughes, Demko, or Pettersson bring us big returns for the future then do it. These players have no loyalty to the sweater they wear, I have no loyalty to them.

Pretty much how I feel,blow it up if that’s what it takes

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Alvin asked bruce to showcase boeser, but it backfired. Any team witnessing his play is steering clear

Guarantee Allvin is also meddling And wants Stillman and Baer in because he gave up assets to acquire them. When clearly the numbers and stats show there are better guys sitting in the pressbox.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Trade whoever it takes to make this team better.

I have no emotional attachment anymore, and neither should management.

If Hughes, Demko, or Pettersson bring us big returns for the future then do it. These players have no loyalty to the sweater they wear, I have no loyalty to them.

Why do they have no Loyalty to the sweater they wear did I miss soemthing?