The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 13 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins - 3:00pm PT/6:00pm ET - TD Garden

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

40 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I'm glad you found a balance. I'm trying to see. It'll be easier if they collapse but I'd rather have them climb up. I'm too much of an optimist deep down.

And that's totally fair, we've all got different takes, views, and ways of engaging with things

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I don’t see that happening at all. Every “buyer” team is pretty much Cap’d out. It’s easier to make trades near the end of the season when the hit is less (It would also make sense to retain some salary in order to get more of a return as well). Sorry but this will be going on for a while yet….

It wouldn’t be hard to take short term cap back for roster player with prospects or picks.

I agree closer to the deadline is easier, however our President said if things don’t improve changes would happen he almost handcuffed himself if he does nothing it’s a empty threat, 

I don’t see a big name moving but I see a shake up happening. 
One or more of garland hoglander rathbone Burroughs

maybe a “change of scenery” type trade for a player like boeser getting a similar player back. a shake up 

somethings going to happen if we get blown out tonight. 

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Among all the negativity, this is true. The season is not a write off yet. There is still time to turn it around. Also, as I mentioned before, if we do a fire sale, we will get more near the end is the season as opposed to now when all the buyers are basically Cap’d out,

I'dsay at least some of the moves they make will be hockey trades, which means some cap coming back.  Those deals can be made anytime.

4 hours ago, Muttley said:

I wouldn't mind a couple of retro nights back at the Garage Coliseum Roger's Arena. It was a good look..

8f23sq7dvnz91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Can we go back to this time? The only player I had issue with was Murzyn and it wasn't because of his effort; he was just a little slow. ::D

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Yeah true. I honestly wouldn’t say this draft is stacked, as after the first 6-7 picks it’s really a toss up. The number one ranked dman is a undersized RHD in Cameron Allen and he’s having an extremely poor season right now. Most defenseman in this draft are underwhelming. 

There’s a lot of defenseman in the 2nd round though, specifically RHD which we should be targeting.

Instead of 6-7, I would cap it at 4.  

There are 4 potential franchise players, in fact I'd say very likely franchise players. 

The odds that Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli, and Carlsson all lead their respective teams in scoring for the next decade and a half are very high.