The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Neutral said:

I hope the team and fans are patient with Podkolzin. I coud be wrong but would a good player comparison be Valeri Nichushkin...he went back to Russia early and still didn't work out in Dallas but found a home with Colorado and was on an early tear this season before the ankle injury. If Pod could morph into someone close to Nichushkin eventually I think that would be a great player for the Canucks to have on their team!

Podz isn't the problem, he's one of the few players I probably wouldn't be keen on moving. But they need to figure out they want to do with him because his ice time has been all over the place this season. 

I've argued he'd be better off getting more ice and a larger role in Abbotsford, at least he'd get special teams time there. He's got too many forwards ahead of him right now for him to get a sniff of meaningful powerplay time. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Podz isn't the problem, he's one of the few players I probably wouldn't be keen on moving. But they need to figure out they want to do with him because his ice time has been all over the place this season. 

I've argued he'd be better off getting more ice and a larger role in Abbotsford, at least he'd get special teams time there. He's got too many forwards ahead of him right now for him to get a sniff of meaningful powerplay time. 

I'd send him down for a bit. 

I'd send almost  all the waiver eligible youngsters down. 

Let them play actual hockey while we figure out how to deal with this mess. 

Barely playing on a tire fire team is probably gonna stunt their growth. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Tell me you’ve never played real hockey without telling me you’ve played real hockey… (tier 6 ankle skaters Hockey doesn’t count)

Don’t get me wrong. I like Horvat. I just don’t think he is doing everything in his power to win. In fact I I think he's rather apathetic. He looking after his own interests… A contract year and he’s scoring. 

4 Fights in his NHL career.

how many hits? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was less than Pettersson. 

He’s the captain and he is going to be the one who carries the burden. And I place the blame on his shoulders for not leading this team. 

All he has to do is show this more than 4x a decade… 

And only 1 of his 4 fights was sticking up for someone other than himself. 

Face Palm GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I'd send him down for a bit. 

I'd send almost  all the waiver eligible youngsters down. 

Let them play actual hockey while we figure out how to deal with this mess. 

Barely playing on a tire fire team is probably gonna stunt their growth. 

Agreed, this environment sucks. Let em get big ice, play special teams, and continue to develop while they're exempt from waivers. Won't have that luxury forever.

Throw some plugs on the NHL roster, it doesn't matter.

• Sad 1

I feel like losing our assistant coaches (Brad Shaw & Scott Walker) were a massive deal and is probably a reason why we aren't playing well. On paper, we're by far a playoff team, but there literally is no structure. Felt like last year atleast we had some structure and our defense was actually pretty good. Anyone else feel the same way? Would love to hear other opinions! 

• There it is 1

On 11/13/2022 at 10:56 PM, Muttley said:

You are saying Miller should not be on the first power play unit? That's 99% ridiculous. Amman? Oh! I get it. It's a tank for picks thing. 

Lol, half the loss of possession is due to behind the back passes to no one, giveaways,terrible cross ice passes and the absolute lack of movement during the PP. I bet 80% of the time he doesn’t move outside a 6’ box. Do you watch the games?

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2022 at 6:57 PM, 5nothincanucksohno said:

At least JT is still a point per game player, should have some value. Horvat and anyone over 25 years old needs to go at TDL or offseason (OEL unreadable). I would potentially keep Kuz and Mik for consistency with EP. 

Sorry to see Podz is the one out there having to fight guys. If this team put half as much effort into hockey as their Halloween costumes they might be a playoff team. 

the Canucks are leading the league in fights

Why  should Podz not be doing his part?

He isn't filling the net

I liked the old days when rookies had to fight their own battles

13 fights

Burrows 4

Schenn 3

Podz is one of 6 players with 1 fight

Captain has one dance declined

20 hours ago, J-23 said:

What rebuild in the past 20 years has been in the 2-3 range year mark? Can’t think of any of the top of my head.

LA, Rangers, Detroit and Montreal are rebuilding quickly and they look pretty good - at least contending for a playoff spot. I’d be happy with any of their rosters.

With a revitalized Demko, Hughes and EP, I think we should at least have a playoff team in 2 to 3 years. This is assuming that we have a couple of top 5 to 15 1st round picks in the next few years.

• There it is 2

1 minute ago, sockeye said:

LA, Rangers, Detroit and Montreal are rebuilding quickly and they look pretty good - at least contending for a playoff spot. I’d be happy with any of their rosters.

With a revitalized Demko, Hughes and EP, I think we should at least have a playoff team in 2 to 3 years. This is assuming that we have a couple of top 5 to 15 1st round picks in the next few years.

Agreed

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, stawns said:

Imo, you start with a Boeser hockey for (hopefully) a younger, top 5 dman.  Then you start working on a Miller deal, which will be tricky for sure, but has to be done by the tdl.  At the same time you can start putting out feelers for Pearson and Myers.  Then you get on the phone to NJ and start a conversation around Hughes, which will be a huge one and a big boost to the pivot/re-tool.

If you're able to move Miller, you do everything you can to keep Bo in the fold.  This is the tipping point.......if Bo comes back, it can be a quick turn around and you likely keep Demko.  If not, all bets are off and you definitely deal Demko before the tdl.

I'd say there won't be stockpiling of significant picks depending on whether Bo wants to stay or not, maybe an extra first, a second etc.  Most deals will have to be hockey trades, for cap reasons, but hopefully they can get some 21-23 year olds back and some veterans for support spots.

I wonder, Hughes for Nemec and Bahl? Or Hughes for Holtz, Walsh, and Bahl? Throw in a pick as well.

New Jersey would be enticing. Hughes would command a lot in return, I wouldn’t be opposed to trading him. 

They have Luke Hughes, Nemec, Muhkamidullin, Bahl, Casey, Walsh. That is one helluva defensive pool. Bahl and Nemec would change the dynamic of our defense for the future.

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Toronto had 17 shots in the second period and scored 3 goals on Martin. So it’s not just Demko. What teams are giving up 17 shots in one period?  Teams with good defensive structure do not give up 17 shots in one period. 

Demko is used to that.

Don’t you remeber the two last seasons he played here?

It’s probably a ridiculus amount of 17 shots periods he had to endure under those seasons.