The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You mean like how Stamkos was supposed to go to Toronto? Lucic was going to play in Vancouver? Tryamkin was going to come back to the Canucks again?

Ya. Don't forget Gaborik to Vancouver. Even bought a house here. Lol.

• Haha 2

There's nothing here that's surprising. GM's talk and speculate about players and what it would take to convince another team to move someone, ALL THE TIME! It's their jobs.

I'm sure that Canucks are getting calls on everyone and at this point, I would be shocked if they weren't listening on almost everyone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

There's nothing here that's surprising. GM's talk and speculate about players and what it would take to convince another team to move someone, ALL THE TIME! It's their jobs.

I'm sure that Canucks are getting calls on everyone and at this point, I would be shocked if they weren't listening on almost everyone.

Could just be  a case of Finnish GM calling a Swedish GM to complain about Denmark representing the Scandinavian region in the World Cup.

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

32 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Why you’d have to bring up that disappointment. Teenaged me was heartbroken that not all rumours were reliable.

I don’t remember what I had for breakfast but I still remember when Bob McKenzie came on the tv 14 years ago for a quick update after July 1st coverage was over and said gaborik has signed with the rangers and my heart sank in disbelief 

In Pain GIF by MOODMAN

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

The premise of mu comments was taking Voracek back as a cap dump, which gives Columbus 8.250 million

My proposal lets them keep Juricek (who I really want), and their first and still gives us great pieces

Yes, Horvat does not alot of pressure, but does not have alot of options either

But I am not saying you are wrong, just limited teams?????with cap to spend

I get the trade and cap dump but Horvat still has  to sign with Cbj in order for Cbj to have any actual interest. 

I disagree I think he’ll have quite a few options come summer. 

However I think that the Canucks miss played their hand and they are the ones with limited number of options really who’s going to spend for a rental. 

At this point if I was Bo I’d be very public that I’m not signing with anyone till summer. As kind of a middle finger to FA PA and JR for how they’ve handled him. No way he gets less than 7.5 in the summer so there is zero risk to him. 

the lure of adding a player like horvat, teams would make room. 
Ufa lottery There’s a GM out there ready to out bid the rest there always is. 

i feel like if horvat goes it’ll be as a rental to a contender. 

Miller I could see going to Cbj. With cap coming back. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

I get the trade and cap dump but Horvat still has  to sign with Cbj in order for Cbj to have any actual interest. 

Why?

Having Bo for the remainder of this season, getting into the play offs and perhaps winning the Stanley Cup should be plenty of value.

Players on expiring deals get trade quite often, for good returns. I'm having trouble with how it would be different just because it is the Canucks doing the deal.

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

Bo for Nyqvist, Jiricek, lotto protected or 2024 1st I'd be very happy with. 

Capwise it makes a lot of sense, the only issue is where does Columbus get the cap required for Bo's raise? The only other cap they have coming off the books belongs to Gavrikov (2.8M), Korpisalo (1.3M), Bayreuther (750k), and Nyquists 5.5M that'd be a straight across swap for Horvat. They also have Wennburg's buying jumping up from 441k to 891k over the next three seasons.

Do they count on a cap jump that hasn't happened yet? The uncertainty it why I lean more towards taking on Voracek somehow as that'd fit either Miller or Bo with an extension. 

3 hours ago, rekker said:

Ya. Don't forget Gaborik to Vancouver. Even bought a house here. Lol.

Never forgetti, it's been passed down from Canuck what if to Canuck what if ever since

I heard Iginla even built an indoor pool 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Capwise it makes a lot of sense, the only issue is where does Columbus get the cap required for Bo's raise? The only other cap they have coming off the books belongs to Gavrikov (2.8M), Korpisalo (1.3M), Bayreuther (750k), and Nyquists 5.5M that'd be a straight across swap for Horvat. They also have Wennburg's buying jumping up from 441k to 891k over the next three seasons.

Do they count on a cap jump that hasn't happened yet? The uncertainty it why I lean more towards taking on Voracek somehow as that'd fit either Miller or Bo with an extension. 

Never forgetti, it's been passed down from Canuck what if to Canuck what if ever since

I heard Iginla even built an indoor pool 

CBJ does have about 10 mil in cap for next year, and they could shed another bottom 6 F to make up the difference. I think Jarmo would worry about that down the road. 

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Why?

Having Bo for the remainder of this season, getting into the play offs and perhaps winning the Stanley Cup should be plenty of value.

Players on expiring deals get trade quite often, for good returns. I'm having trouble with how it would be different just because it is the Canucks doing the deal.

Cbj sucks they are tied for worst in the east they aren’t making the playoffs. Trading for a rental on a non playoff year giving up the pieces they’d have to give up to get horvat as a rental..ouch. 

Horvat going to a true playoff team as a rental is totally different than  CBJ situation. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

If they got Jiricek it would be a homerun, I doubt CBJ would ever consider it though.

No matter what happens with Bo its going to be difficult. 

I mean to me its fair. You're getting one of the best people in hockey, who's hitting his prime like a beast, and he fits your teams window perfectly. 

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

CBJ does have about 10 mil in cap for next year, and they could shed another bottom 6 F to make up the difference. I think Jarmo would worry about that down the road. 

I think they could definitely make it work, I just question how the make the pieces work as of right now 

It's something I always try to consider when it comes to proposals or trades, things need to fit and work for the other side too 

• Vintage 1

Friedman also mentions WSH is a team to watch when it comes to horvat 

Horvat has treated us with an opportunity we have had in a decade and that is trade a pending UFA when they are having a career year. It’s a golden opportunity to properly RESET this core.

He is a pending 40 goal scorer, 1B center, 55% on face offs and plays a playoff hockey style game soooo I want the moon

For example, If cbj wants horvat with an 8x8 extension in place the starting price is Johnson or jiricek (but that might be unrealistic) so then I want your next 3 strong young players 

To van: roslovic, sillinger, peeke or boqvist, 1st round pick 2023 (top 5 protected or moves to a 2024 unprotected 1st)

to cbj: horvat with an 8x8 extension  

We acquire a 2nd and 3rd line center, 2nd pairing RHD and a 1st rounder 

15 minutes ago, billabong said:

Friedman also mentions WSH is a team to watch when it comes to horvat 

Horvat has treated us with an opportunity we have had in a decade and that is trade a pending UFA when they are having a career year. It’s a golden opportunity to properly RESET this core.

He is a pending 40 goal scorer, 1B center, 55% on face offs and plays a playoff hockey style game soooo I want the moon

For example, If cbj wants horvat with an 8x8 extension in place the starting price is Johnson or jiricek (but that might be unrealistic) so then I want your next 3 strong young players 

To van: roslovic, sillinger, peeke or boqvist, 1st round pick 2023 (top 5 protected or moves to a 2024 unprotected 1st)

to cbj: horvat with an 8x8 extension  

We acquire a 2nd and 3rd line center, 2nd pairing RHD and a 1st rounder 

Sillinger is a budding centre FROM the Columbus area.  the likelihood of them trading him over Johnson when Johnson is a North Van product is kind of slim.  

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sillinger is a budding centre FROM the Columbus area.  the likelihood of them trading him over Johnson when Johnson is a North Van product is kind of slim.  

Screenshot_20221118-182624.thumb.png.1d54526841f2100f01c91710bd115f05.png

Budding superstar :lol:. Ok I misread that.. a budding center.

Edited by Rush17