The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Just now, Coconuts said:

We probably disagree on the trajectory of this group, I don't see us being close so I don't see Severson as a good longer term fit. 

And perhaps not, but I'm not interested in going out and trying to compete with all the other teams trying to fill their RD gap via UFA, if Severson walks from Jersey he will not come cheap and will command term. 

I don't think the Devils would, they have a lot of pending UFA's and RFA's. They seem to be doing fine as far as scoring goes on the RW and they'll be getting Palat back at some point too. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/devils

I don't see why they would either. Their fanbase wants meier baddddd. But it would cost a fortune. Maybe desperation sets in but that's unlikely lol

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Then complain this team has no foresight when he becomes a great player for that team lol

Sports are all about risk, you win some you lose some. This is likely Kuzmenko's best opportunity to cash in and get a larger money, longer term deal and I'm not keen on giving it to him based off a single season. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

At this point in time

Nasvhille needs a scoring winger.  Fabbro is evidently on the outs.

Canucks need an RHD.  Boeser is apparently on the outs.

Make it happen, add pieces to make the cap work for both teams.

Maybe that’s what the agents are trying to work out?  Might be guys involved who have trade protection?  

Just now, Coconuts said:

Sports are all about risk, you win some you lose some. This is likely Kuzmenko's best opportunity to cash in and get a larger money, longer term deal and I'm not keen on giving it to him based off a single season. 

That being said, it is also possibly the Canucks best possible asset in terms of an ROI like the Avs had with Duchene/ROR and Barrie in which a current 35+ goal scoring 35+ assist having player is available for under a million straight cap or less towards the tdl

Make the right trade with him and it very well could net the Canucks the 1st, plus blue chip they need.

But this is the Boeser rumour thingee not the Kuz trade thingee so let me try to stay on topic

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

That being said, it is also possibly the Canucks best possible asset in terms of an ROI like the Avs had with Duchene/ROR and Barrie in which a current 35+ goal scoring 35+ assist having player is available for under a million straight cap or less towards the tdl

Make the right trade with him and it very well could net the Canucks the 1st, plus blue chip they need.

But this is the Boeser rumour thingee not the Kuz trade thingee so let me try to stay on topic

Yup, trading Kuzmenko could absolutely bring in a great haul if he continues to produce. Bang for buck vs cap hit will have a lot of teams calling. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for a trade, wouldn't be surprised if we don't see others ask for trades if we continue to tread water. 

Wonder if the Canucks and Isles could cook something up around Boeser and Bailey. Bailey is in the dog house and has 2 years left at 5 mil per. The isles would be getting a player in Brock who could "potentially" play with Barzal. most of the islanders wingers are on the wrong side of 30 now. If Brock could regain his confidence, he could be a nice piece for them. If this were a possibility, I would hope the Nucks demand something back akin to a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I could see Alvin doing this if the direction he has been given, is to try and keep this team in the hunt for the playoffs, even without our number 1 goalie for the next 6 weeks at minimum. IMHO, this season is done and we need to move out pieces to create cap space for next year or to try and resign Bo (pipe dream perhaps) and Kuz.

Other players we should try and move before the trade deadline: Garland, Myers, Pearson, Bo (if he won't re-sign), Schenn (could be a great depth add for a contender)

4 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Then complain this team has no foresight when he becomes a great player for that team lol

The thing to realize is that he’s a player that has immediate chemistry with our core, franchise forward. 

imho, you spend a little bit if you have to to lock Kuz up. If this becomes regular pace for both EP and Kuz as linemates, then you’ve done your best to accommodate EP through what might be a couple lean years, and afford a chance to convince him to re-sign. 

If you can blow up this team whilst still maintaining a very threatening top line, you’ve immediately accelerated the rebuild enough to at least encourage our top stars to consider continuing on with this club in the future

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I don’t really understand what that means for permission to have his agent contact other teams’ GMs. Is the agent going to make a trade? Isn’t it the Canucks GM’s role and responsibility to check with other GMs about a player?

Are other GMs really going to tell Brock’s agent who they would trade for him?

Weird.