The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Unless Mtl has a couple other trades lined up to trade wingers, it doesn’t make sense on the Mtl side. They have lots of wingers and a few of them overpaid. If they have another deal lined up to get a centre I wouldn’t mind Dvorak as a 3c. Something around Boeser for Dvorak. Garland and Myers dumped in summer for cap. 

Edited by Boknows08

5 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

You need to have size as well, but you can't just focus on that. We can address getting more size in with additional moves this summer. I would love to keep Schenn for 3rd pairing. We have size right now in Myers, but we have trouble breaking out of our own zone.

everyone of those teams had atleast one, mostly 2 or 3 dmen with size that use it and can play a regular shift.

There's literally no one on that defense that could handle a 6'4 player aside from Schenn. 

Bear, Dermott, Stillman out to be replaced by 

Hughes Severson

Oel Myers

Graves Schenn

Rathbone Burroughs

Colorado, manson, johnson brothers, macdermid

tampa, hedman, cernak,Rutta, Bogosian 

st louis Parayko, Bortuzzo, Pietrangelo, Mikkola, Scandella

Washington Carlson, orpik 

pitts, hainsey, dumoulin

chicago tvr seabrook, hjalmarsson

la king greene, muzzin, w.mitchell, regehr

bruins chara, mcquaid, boychuk

18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think Monahan would have to agree to the trade. Would he want to play in VAN?

He's got a modified no trade list (10 teams) but anybody can choose to allow moves if they're ok with it.  The thing is, don't you think that he's going to end up as a free agent anyways?

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

In before the lock.....should move to the other thread?

56 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

We starting a thread for every place boeser is linked to now? 

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

:emot-parrot:

Ever start a thread yourself?  I think this works pretty well for both teams.   I'd love it if Allvin pulled this deal.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Mantha is lazy, slow, and plays like he’s 5’8 when he’s indeed in fact 6’5 230lbs. Pass on him.

That is nonsense, his skating is probably his strongest asset and is elite level.  He also gets into a few scraps a year so he is t some wilting flower.

He is a guy that has had lots of injuries derail his career.  He would be a much better fit on a 3rd line for us.

Most importantly, he is cheaper and only has a year left on his deal.  Him along with a 1st would represent a huge win for Boeser at this point.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Something out of Dahliwals mouth that makes sense.

Boeser $6.65M for Monahan $6.375

Monahan is a soon to be UFA who could slot in as temporary 3C and boost the Canucks chances of making the playoffs this year.  Let him go to free agency at years end.

Feel free to sign Horvat with Boeser's $6.65 off the cap for next year.

I would expect Montreal to want to attach Price's LTIR contract assuming his career is indeed over.  Hughes doesn't like being in LTIR and Price is drawing quite a bit of controversy which can't please Molson.

Monahan is an upcoming UFA - they can get assets for him at the TDL and Boeser is a risk if he doesn't rebound with term left and a rather high AAV.  Not sure where he fits in their lineup either as they are certainly not breaking up Caufield-Suzuki.  Seravalli asked some GMs around the league - they peg his value around 5.5M and consider him pretty 1-dimensional.   If they can get out of the Price contract at the same time maybe that makes it worth the risk.

Is Dhaliwal speculating based on their interest back to the bubble year.  It's not the same regime anymore and they are at a different stage of their cycle.

The bubble season was still under Bergevin which he even references, but he's since been replaced by Hughes/Gorton.  Montreal was also at a very different stage of their cycle with Price, Weber active and still had Danault.  They had just signed Edmundson, Chiarot.  Gallagher had 2x 30+ goal seasons.  Lots has changed since that time.  It's now the start of a new core with Caufield-Suzuki.  

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

He's got a modified no trade list (10 teams) but anybody can choose to allow moves if they're ok with it.  The thing is, don't you think that he's going to end up as a free agent anyways?

There have been rumours that Montreal is considering extending Monahan. He’s been really good in Montreal and fills a need.  Boeser would be a $6.65m 3rd liner in Montreal. I don’t see how this rumour makes any sense for anyone other than the Canucks.  Makes sense that it’s coming from Vancouver media I guess 

20 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Imagine having management that could take on a player as a cap dump and get a 1st for it (Monahan) and then flip said cap dump for a player that could potentially slot in alongside your young, top end talent (Boeser). 

Habs fans are spoiled. At least their management group knew when to sell. 

I'd do it though, it's a win/win if they're actually interested in him. I could see them squeezing us for something though as they'd be doing us a cap favour. 

Gorton is the architect of the current Rags roster and their is a reason why Montreal, signed him longterm to be their PoHO - he knows how to do a rebuild

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Something out of Dahliwals mouth that makes sense.

Boeser $6.65M for Monahan $6.375

Monahan is a soon to be UFA who could slot in as temporary 3C and boost the Canucks chances of making the playoffs this year.  Let him go to free agency at years end.

Feel free to sign Horvat with Boeser's $6.65 off the cap for next year.

Makes a lot of sense, and gives us an option to trade Bo if we're talking full rebuild too so Sean slots in as 2C.

Boeser for Monahan is pretty lateral. I'd rather trade Brock for a defenceman, even just Dumba, to give us some RD depth, but Monahan could work...

• Like 1