The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

12 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

Truthfully, I haven’t followed the team that closely because I’ve been dealing with serious health problems. 

I just know when I do tune into games, I am frustrated to no end when Myers and OEL are out there on the ice. 

I apologize for my ignorance. 

The issues with OEL and Myers is far more about BB's total lack of a defensive system, feds allergic to back checking and goalies who can't make saves.

All three of those things are improving under Tocchet and the play of all the dmen will look better as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hope you get better. You’re an old school veteran here, if I’m not mistaken. 

When you tune in, tune in to the GDT(God Dammit Tank!) thread here. 

It’s the most carefree and entertaining way to watch a Canucks game. I promise you. You’re part of a collective that is ‘Thinkin about tomorrow’. 

And we have the best gifs! 

Join us Monday. 

Thanks.

I just may do that. 

Just watched The Hockey Guy

Dahlin is injured in Buffalo. And they really want to make the playoffs too. 

What do they have for us? Any D prospect that we can afford to wait for. And they may part with to win now? 

Edited by Hairy Kneel

26 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I can't believe they haven't traded him yet. Sooo they might not trade him at all and he's sitting for nothing? Just seems weird he's been sitting for this long.

His wife is pregnant and is very close to giving birth. Giving him time to be near his wife while ensuring he doesn't hurt himself before the deadline is just killing two birds with one stone. 

Edited by JC2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JC2 said:

His wife is pregnant and is very close to giving birth. Giving him time to be near his wife while ensuring he doesn't hurt himself before the deadline is just killing two birds with one stone. 

I was just thinking the same. There’ve also been rumours that the deal itself is basically done. It might be by design that they’re just giving Schenn this time at home with his wife, and then they’ll formally complete the move after she gives birth. IIRC her due date is TDL day.

If that’s the case, it’s actually a pretty classy move by the organization. 

5 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

#freelukeschenn

Trade him or re-sign him but c'mon this is not cool.  The guy has been a warrior a great teammate and Hughes is very appreciative. Management is holding him out and dragging this out while his wife is pregnant.  Does not look good on them.

Why do you feel that way?  The Canucks have basically given him two weeks off with pay to be with his wife and family.  He should be happy about that.  If he gets traded at least he was able to get all his stuff together beforehand.  Apparently, according to his friend, he has already packed and is ready to go...

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

#freelukeschenn

Trade him or re-sign him but c'mon this is not cool.  The guy has been a warrior a great teammate and Hughes is very appreciative. Management is holding him out and dragging this out while his wife is pregnant.  Does not look good on them.

I feel like I've read this tone all too often from media and fans about the team this year only to find out the opposite is true and the Canucks have a very good standing among their peers in the NHL.

Very possible the trade is already completed and the team is giving the Schenn's time to prepare for their new family member and al the preparations involved with that and Luke being traded.

• Cheers 3

We are just driving up the value by letting other teams make offers and playing them against each other. They have obviously heard what they like by sitting him out and the team is also willing to take a contract dump. 

I will add that we do need his toughness and leadership in the lineup as he has 10 fighting majors and if we lose him without adding someone we could get rag dolled. 

Edited by KyGuy123