The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 07, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I don’t see it being inevitable as well.

Zero reason why they can’t buyout 7M OEL and trade 6M Myers.

Zero reason why they also can’t unload 11M from 3rd line players Brock and Garland. 

::D

If they buyout OEL, they’re on the hook for $2m+ for longer than his actual contract, including two years where his cap hit is $5m.

If PA did that, he should be fired immediately

• Upvote 1

Canucks are now .500 In regulation.  Hopefully we can make some trades, have Colorado just nosedive due to injuries and play consistently better than one of Calgary or Edmonton for the rest of the year and we might make the playoffs….. maybe

and lose in first round.  
Or we trade now and fold our cards with a rebuild.  The Canucks gotta know when to hold them and know when to fold them.  We should fold while we’re ahead

• RoughGame 1

32 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

So what exactly is the plan? Horvat kuzmenko boeser move is inevitable.. but more than likely won’t happen till closer to the TDL.. most teams are mediocre this year so we will always be close to a wildcard.. but won’t actually make it.. we’ll end up drafting in the 12-16.. trade for more 1st in the late 25-32.. and majority of the 12-16 25-32 don’t end up being impact players.. more like 3rd liners or 2nd 3rd pairings.. and we continue the same trend next year while losing ep? this organization is so directionless.. losing all those players and drafting outside of the top 5 will be an epic failure and set the franchise back even more. 

or draft and develop well like stars and get Hintz and Robertson in the second round

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

If they buyout OEL, they’re on the hook for $2m+ for longer than his actual contract, including two years where his cap hit is $5m.

If PA did that, he should be fired immediately

I just think that dumping our co-mvp from last year would be a mistake. There are other better options to keep Bo and Kuz.

This team will be formidable once Miller gets out of his funk and gets his mojo back.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The main problem is still structure and will continue to be as long as Yeo is in charge of that.  Management needs to realize that hiring that scumbag was a mistake and fire him before he causes permanent damage due to his character issues.  You can't win when vermin like him are allowed in the room.

What character issues are you referring to with Yeo??

42 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I don’t see it being inevitable as well.

Zero reason why they can’t buyout 7M OEL and trade 6M Myers.

Zero reason why they also can’t unload 11M from 3rd line players Brock and Garland. 

::D

I think part of the reason they've granted Boeser's people permission to talk to other teams is they would like to move him to free up room to Sign Bo and Potentially Kuz if they want to. I'm not convinced they didn't re-sign Boeser with the intention to essentially sign and trade if he didn't recapture his form after the passing of his father. There are teams that like Boeser, if there's a fair deal they should, and likely will take it. Buying out OEL makes sense, and Myers should be shipped out, even if it takes a mid round pick....addition by subtraction. 

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

I think part of the reason they've granted Boeser's people permission to talk to other teams is they would like to move him to free up room to Sign Bo and Potentially Kuz if they want to. I'm not convinced they didn't re-sign Boeser with the intention to essentially sign and trade if he didn't recapture his form after the passing of his father. There are teams that like Boeser, if there's a fair deal they should, and likely will take it. Buying out OEL makes sense, and Myers should be shipped out, even if it takes a mid round pick....addition by subtraction. 

Who are the teams that like Boeser?

13 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Who are the teams that like Boeser?

Is there any second of any day @EddieVedderthat Brock isn't living rent free in your head, tormenting your every waking moment and haunting your dreams? 

Brock would have a right mind to look into a restraining order against you buddy....jk

That being said, many sources have reported multiple teams interested in Boeser, including Freidman.  The Canucks have been reported to be willing to take a contract back or a pick of a reduced price to free up cap space.........that doesn't mean they are interested in giving up a lot for him, but all interested means is they would likely want to know what the price is. I know I know, how could any team be interested in a 25 year old, 4 time 20+ goal scorer, it's wild isn't it...struggling or not. Brock was on a PPG pace up until the last few games, even if the goals aren't coming teams will consider it. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I don’t see Bo and Kuz as inevitable………I think they have a decision to go down the Bo/Kuz or Miller/Boeser path.  There’s zero reason why they can’t move Miller over Bo

Don’t see miller moved don’t see JR as the type that would admit to his mistake. He would rather double down on miller before admitting he was wrong. Kuz if what his agent said about not talking contract till season ends then yes he will be moved. The way he’s producing atm why wouldn’t he be looking for a 7+ mil contract for at least 1 year and then sign the home run like panarin? Will JR be willing to pay that? Prolly not. Bo highly unlikely he signs for the dollar figure he’s looking for unless ownership steps in. Given JR started the negotiation with a pay cut aka suggesting he didn’t even earn his current contract heading into his prime year. Bo is going to give this management a discount? Prolly not. Again I don’t see JR admitting he f up and therefore he will double down and trade bo hope he regress next year and say I told you so

3 hours ago, chon derry said:

If the Canucks are a team with holes  in the line up. Which they are. And by your own admission they beat a ‘hobbled Avs’ team then doesn’t that even things out? The very fact that they competed to get the win shows at the very least some capability’s to compete at that level in the first place. And some positives should be recognized for that. Ya they lost to lesser teams. But the glimmer of hope is the win. Period!  They needed to find some inspiration somewhere somehow which I hope for the canucks sake and apperantly they did.  Isn’t that something to build off? We all know that changes are required. No team ever stops making adjustments. Comparative to the Avs the Avs just need less than the canucks do. But what team ever just stood pat and never strived for their own betterment ?  None!  I’ll take the win for the wins sake. And attribute it as a move in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Wins are wins and loses are loses. 

The Canucks were in a deep hole as a result of playing the worst hockey in probably their history. They are now “average” in points being at .500. This come back was completed in early December and that is a huge accomplishment from where we were.

Sit back and enjoy the ride. The defence is questionable but this offence is on steroids. It is fun hockey that is actually getting results. 

Just imagine if this team can figure out the defence and got solid goaltending. It would be an elite contender.

Time will tell if they can improve even further. It’s in their hands.

Outside of a couple games, we're only winning (and just barely at that) against teams that are openly tanking. This "momentum" is a mirage.

Barely winning against BAD teams does not = playing "winning hockey".

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think they have an eye to building things going forward like all the fans. The difference is in what they think is salvageable here & what isn't. It's not going be a complete tear down & they are going to try to build around pieces on this roster, but I expect to see more changes made when it's easier to do so.

IMO they are walking a line between wanting change & managing assets (which the last management did poorly). I'm sure they could've given Garland away, or paid an asset to get off another contract, but it wouldn't have put us further ahead at this point.

In the meanwhile I do hope we win, it's been alot of losing. Not expecting things but I think results would be enjoyable whether it's coming through consistent play or skin of their teeth. We aren't getting the first pick regardless.

Agreed. We don't need a full tear down and management is being patient to make moves at more opportune times. Just sucks twiddling our thumbs and waiting for that to happen.

I don't care much about us getting first pick (and it IS unlikely) but at this point we're better off picking 4th or 8th or whatever vs 14th IMO.

Also not sure I agree with giving up Garland for mid picks wouldn't have put us further ahead. Could have used that cap space to add Marino or not paid a 2nd to dump Dickinson.

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, mordekai said:

or draft and develop well like stars and get Hintz and Robertson in the second round

When have the Canucks drafted well in the 2nd round and later?? Their franchise history 2nd round plus have been probably one of if not the worse in the league out of all the teams.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Don’t see miller moved don’t see JR as the type that would admit to his mistake. He would rather double down on miller before admitting he was wrong. Kuz if what his agent said about not talking contract till season ends then yes he will be moved. The way he’s producing atm why wouldn’t he be looking for a 7+ mil contract for at least 1 year and then sign the home run like panarin? Will JR be willing to pay that? Prolly not. Bo highly unlikely he signs for the dollar figure he’s looking for unless ownership steps in. Given JR started the negotiation with a pay cut aka suggesting he didn’t even earn his current contract heading into his prime year. Bo is going to give this management a discount? Prolly not. Again I don’t see JR admitting he f up and therefore he will double down and trade bo hope he regress next year and say I told you so

When PA resigned JT they knew they had until the TDL to move him before the contract kicked in. Whether JT got some kind of guarantee that couldn't happen without him signing off is something we don't know.