The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 14 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Saddledome

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I think Ball did a canucks game once, he wasn't the worst.

Shorty and Tom will always be my fave, though Shorty and Buble on that blackhawks game was so damn funny, was extra great as we killed them and buble was giving it to them,

Maybe you guys caught him on a rare good day. He's an idiot . 

"On the ball with Rick Ball"? I don't think so Rick. 

Edited by cuporbust

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Markstrom stood on his head last game and I expect him to do the same tonight.

They’ll be lucky to beat him more than once.

If the Canucks are gonna do their usual special teams meltdown then it should be a cake walk for Calgary.

Please let me enjoy a time when the Flames suck a little bit longer

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Anyone listen to Drance today on 650? That guy is just brutal. Not an ounce of positivity in that idiot. 

In fairness, other than BoHo (who's got his own sideshow going on at the moment), what specifically is there to be positive about? 

We're living the exact same cycle of mediocrity right now as we have been for the past decade and there is zero indication this will change anytime soon. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

In fairness, other than BoHo (who's got his own sideshow going on at the moment), what specifically is there to be positive about? 

We're living the exact same cycle of mediocrity right now as we have been for the past decade and there is zero indication this will change anytime soon. 

The 4th line actually looks good for once and serves a purpose instead of just being a random collection of guys who aren't good enough to play higher in the lineup.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

We're only a year away from the next intermission dog race

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Anyone listen to Drance today on 650? That guy is just brutal. Not an ounce of positivity in that idiot. 

I avoid him like the plague.

I like Sat Shah on Sn650. Donnie & Dahli aren't bad either, but I prefer to listen to strictly Canucks talk.

Edited by Maginator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Yeah but it’s a bit much. There are several players playing well. Not just Bo.

He is always so negative to a point where you would think he has an agenda. There is no balance in his reports. He refuses to report the good things. The guy is also so annoying in communication skills. He talks like an excitable 6 year old.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Random stat.

Ethan Bear and Kyle Burroughs are currently both in the top 20 for shot % by defencemen in the league. Only teammates in that group. 

By itself it means nothing, but maybe they should give them more chances considering how badly everyone else is doing, especially on the power play.

Pettey doesn't have a pp goal either. Wow

image.thumb.png.0c4f01fd389ba76ffbe061e87201d2c5.png

image.thumb.png.22667f4cb7fa7563a4520e728fb87456.png

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
pp
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Yeah but it’s a bit much. There are several players playing well. Not just Bo.

He is always so negative to a point where you would think he has an agenda. There is no balance in his reports. He refuses to report the good things. The guy is also so annoying in communication skills. He talks like an excitable 6 year old.

I know what you mean. Bad radio voice. He should stick to writing articles.

Really hope he doesn't grow in this market. It was painful when he filled in on tv a few times this season.

Oh well. Go Canucks. Big game tonight. LFG.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

his sidekick Jamie Dodd is equally as annoying.

Doesnt even have to be positive. Critical analysis is fine if it’s interesting.  Their banter about statistical trends is god awful boring 

• Cheers 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

Or fast teams,

Or skilled teams,

Or defensive teams,

Or any other team that is currently playing in the NHL.

Hahahah. This reminds me of when posters say "upcoming schedule looks tough".

Of course it's gonna look tough when 80% of the league is ahead of us in the standings :lol:

• Haha 3