The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] All Canucks FOR SALE except EP40 who is "Untouchable".

RU SERIOUS

Miller to CBJ for Johnston + Jiricek

Bo (50% retained) to NYR for Schneider + Chytil + 1st 2023

Hughes to NJ for Mercer + Nemec + Bahl

Boeser + Rathbone to PIT for Kapanen + Pickering

Garland to BOS for Smith + Harrison 

Schenn to TB for 2nd 2024

Myers (50% retained) to TOR for Liljegren + 1st 2023.

Kuz to LV for 1st 2023 + Korczak

Pearson to CAR for 2nd 2024

:P

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No we don’t.

This is exactly what we deserve as long as we keep buying tickets, merchandise, and tuning in.

If we keep supporting this owner and handing him our money nothing will change. If you care about this team you’ll stop watching.

Haven’t spent a penny on them in years.   
I will spend money when they start trying to build towards a championship and this isn’t the path. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Even if Hughes could be had for an "astronomical" price, no one will pay the price, so don't even mention his name as potentially available. Show some respect and unity ffs.

At one point the untouchables were Petey, Demko, Hughes, and Bo. 

Then it was Petey, Demko, and Hughes.

Now it's only Petey. 

Next month we'll hear that everyone is for sale for the right price. 

I'm a level-headed dude, but this is now too much for me and apathy has set in and I'm going on vacation and will be checking out until this management group does something right for a change. 

Happy holidays, peeps.

Jester out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

27 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Even if Hughes could be had for an "astronomical" price, no one will pay the price, so don't even mention his name as potentially available. Show some respect and unity ffs.

At one point the untouchables were Petey, Demko, Hughes, and Bo. 

Then it was Petey, Demko, and Hughes.

Now it's only Petey. 

Next month we'll hear that everyone is for sale for the right price. 

I'm a level-headed dude, but this is now too much for me and apathy has set in and I'm going on vacation and will be checking out until this management group does something right for a change. 

Happy holidays, peeps.

Jester out.

NJ would pay a pretty big price, imo

The Wild are in the thick of things, but Fleury is 38 and maybe they'd like to shore up their goaltending for a deep playoff run, maybe for a few years. Wild have a bit of cap space. 

to MIN - (G) Demko

to VAN - (G) Wallstedt and (LD) Middleton

Canucks get a top goaltender for their future and an upgrade on Stillman. Run with Martin-Delia, for now.

people are rightfully upset-not a ton has changed up until this point.  With that in mind I have a few thoughts:

some players (like Myers, maybe Boeser) likely arnt moveable until the off season. it sucks to wait but that’s just reality.  

I honestly think Allvin is a pretty sharp guy.  After Hours was a good example where I know PA definitely has thoughts about this team and what he would like to do but he’s not gonna throw that out in public.  The mgmt are sharp hockey minds as well.  I think they are chomping at the bit to change this roster.  As time goes along hopefully we start to see that. 

two big wagers (Miller, Boeser bouncing back to up his tradeability) havnt really worked.  Miller in particular is interesting.  PA knows what winning environments look like.  Im guessing Miller was supposed to be a key component in that but his effort on the ice (at times) hasnt looked good.  But he is also an elite player when he is on his game-I cant see him not bouncing back.  Will be an interesting storyline to see what happens.  

With regards to PA’s vision, I dont see them going crazy on sacrificing long term by doing very short term moves unless it is to clear cap space.  I do think this mgmt group is sharp and they might be a team that can actually balance building both short and long term at the same time.  This is strengthened by the fact that the hardest types of players to get they already have (Ep, Demko, Hughes).  Theyve also focused (other than Miller) on bringing young players with upside in.  If they decide that compositionally they need to alter the big three it could pay off big (or poorly depending on the deal of course).  Hughes would get an absolute haul from NJ or FLA I would think (Hello Lundell +++ etc).

Boudreau is a really great human being but I see a lot of confusion on the ice at times.  Perhaps JR is right in that they need a more structured (or perhaps more coherent) style of play.  That doesnt change the fact the roster needs major surgery tho.

Just my 2 cents.  Right now they need the cap to go up and some time to pass on contracts (like Pearson, Myers, Boeser etc) to make moves.  Sucks to wait tho.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Pears said:

Not interested in rebuilding but everyone except EP40 is available for trade is exactly what’s wrong with this franchise lol.  

Did anyone ever consider that the owner doesn’t know what a rebuild actually is…

Like the word itself…

Because trading everyone is a rebuild. What other part of a rebuild does he not want to do?

Edited by DeNiro

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Did anyone ever consider that the owner doesn’t know what a rebuild actually is…

Like the word itself…

Because trading everyone is a rebuild. What other part of a rebuild does he not want to do?

I think their idea of rebuild is trading assets for futures (picks/prospects), whereas the brick by brick retool would be moving assets for current NHLers when the opportunity presents itself. 

The reality is this thing has to be torn down either way. 

Edited by 70seven

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Worst take I've seen all week

I've thought about it. The take was pretty rubbish. Overall I was simply unimpressed with his play last night and it effected this statement. I'm just not super sold on him as a 1A defenceman like others are. 

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Like the word itself…

For me rebuild is being focused on getting picks/very young prospects back and accepting that you're going to be at the bottom for quite awhile.  I assume that's what he has no.inyetest in and I'm glad.  I don't want that either

41 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Wild are in the thick of things, but Fleury is 38 and maybe they'd like to shore up their goaltending for a deep playoff run, maybe for a few years. Wild have a bit of cap space. 

to MIN - (G) Demko

to VAN - (G) Wallstedt and (LD) Middleton

Canucks get a top goaltender for their future and an upgrade on Stillman. Run with Martin-Delia, for now.

tank GIF

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

For me rebuild is being focused on getting picks/very young prospects back and accepting that you're going to be at the bottom for quite awhile.  I assume that's what he has no.inyetest in and I'm glad.  I don't want that either

But if you traded every player you would be at the bottom.

Its not like the 25 year old players are going to turn you into a playoff team.

We saw Benning try the same approach and we ended up with players like Vey, Baertschi, Goldobin, Gudbranson, and Pouliot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I think their idea of rebuild is trading assets for futures (picks/prospects), whereas the brick by brick retool would be moving assets for current NHLers when the opportunity presents itself. 

The reality is this thing has to be torn down either way. 

I don't think it needs to be torn down.  There's 10ish players I'd like them to build around over the next year

Just now, stawns said:

I don't think it needs to be torn down.  There's 10ish players I'd like them to build around over the next year

True.

They do need to clear cap space to keep those 10 players though.

And it might involve trading players they hadn’t planned to. As management has already stated in the past.

Just now, stawns said:

I tend to agree that there are good players to keep… but I think if you trade your team captain plus half the team, it’s a rebuild