The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

My wife and I agreed that we will not waste money on a Canucks game this season. Terrible value and entertainment. Having just 5 wins at home is inexcusable. The lack of effort is even more infuriating. 

What’s even more sad is that this team will in no way be worse than the Ducks or Blackhawks so forget about dreaming of Bedard. 

Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov are there…

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • There it is 1

45 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

i think our coaching staff is well aware of that. 

how about management instead? since they do soooo much 

They tried to tell BB that he needs to defend more when the goalies can’t save him.

But then it went: Oh what bad management we have throwing thw coach under the bus(while crying and shouting for the best drama queen effect),

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

This site has those stats but not all on one page. You have to keep hitting previous season to look back.

www.hockey-reference.com>teams>VAN

or use this link

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrO7tGYVaFjN1gARhLrFAx.;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1671546393/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.hockey-reference.com%2fteams%2fVAN%2f2023.html/RK=2/RS=gvZ4BzeAXPiDrqDz62_gpKgaD.I-

I looked as far back as 2000 for the PK% and only 2016/17 was close to this bad at 76.68%

I see what you mean.

I should have been more clear - I'm looking for the SV% and PK ranking year-by-year; ie) right now we are 32 on the PK. but what about previous years?

Hockey Reference has GA and GF ranked but not SV% and PK for some reason. There are years where the SV% and PK are down or up league wide, so it matters the ranking more than the specific number.

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

He is also one of the tops for time on ice, plays in a lot of difficult situations and plays on a pathetic PK where we get scored on every second penalty. But yeah that’s all on him 

You don’t get a - on the PK

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov are there…

Yeah, at this point if we draft top 5 I'd call it a successful season 

We sure as hell won't be making the playoffs, may as well get a top tier talent

I argued keep Horvat all summer but that dude is leaving, I hope we trade him sooner than later 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

He is also one of the tops for time on ice, plays in a lot of difficult situations and plays on a pathetic PK where we get scored on every second penalty. But yeah that’s all on him 

He shouldn't have been signed long term. Most would agree on here. I don't like his attitude. He acts like a baby. I don't like that he gives up the puck on power plays and that he doesn't try hard defensively. You like him. Good for you but he's -11. That means he's on the ice for a lot of goals. Just fact. That isn't a coincidence. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

I saw the game today with my wife 

Halfway through the game she leaned over and whispered: “this is stillmans world, we’re all just living in it”. 

Then we both sat silently and considered the nature of this reality. 

Also idk if this is the case for every team but it feels like every game they’ve filmed a new high production value movie trailer. 

I wonder if we’d be better if filming time was reallocated to practice time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

My wife and I agreed that we will not waste money on a Canucks game this season. Terrible value and entertainment. Having just 5 wins at home is inexcusable. The lack of effort is even more infuriating. 

What’s even more sad is that this team will in no way be worse than the Ducks or Blackhawks so forget about dreaming of Bedard. 

This is why I say rebuild. It doesn't have to be long and it doesn't need to be a complete tear down. It can just be of the goal to accumulate youth and clear cap over the next couple seasons(including this one). By 2024-25 you have gotten 2-3 new young core pieces via trade or more likely from drafting high,  have cap to look for the right veterans to surround your core and young players knocking on the door or able to be utilized as an asset in a trade. 

Only look to climb from that point on. You might not be good right away but you'd be on the rise.

We already have a good core we can start with in Hughes/Petey/Demko.

• Cheers 4

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

This is why I say rebuild. It doesn't have to be long and it doesn't need to be a complete tear down. It can just be of the goal to accumulate youth and clear cap over the next couple seasons(including this one). By 2024-25 you have gotten 2-3 new young core pieces via trade or more likely from drafting high,  have cap to look for the right veterans to surround your core and young players knocking on the door or able to be utilized as an asset in a trade. 

Only look to climb from that point on. You might not be good right away but you'd be on the rise.

It’s so hard to deal with a fire sale when every other team is Cap’d out. Hopefully by the TDL we can off load some of these guys. If not, we will have to wait for the summer. It might be a very long year to get things done….

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Blake accomplished a quick rebuild in LA but he also had an owner that supported him.  

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, at this point if we draft top 5 I'd call it a successful season 

We sure as hell won't be making the playoffs, may as well get a top tier talent

I argued keep Horvat all summer but that dude is leaving, I hope we trade him sooner than later 

If we don’t tank hard enough for Bedard,  I truly think this franchise will be toast within the half decade.  Or to modify that, we certainly won’t be on the track to being good without him. Trade everyone basically, fire BB and the assistant clowns immediately and tank as hard as you can. 

• Haha 1