The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Petey comes pretty close and he's better defensively. 

Yet multiple coaches constantly rely on Horvat a whole lot more it's not even close. Reality tells it differently.  More faceoffs, more ice-time, put in more key situations, more D-zone starts, etc.

Ultimately Horvat allows Petey to be Petey taking that responsibility. 

11 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I agree.  I was hoping he was benched after that 3rd goal.  But I'm just stating the facts that 2/3 goals weren't really his fault.  Unless you count penalties against players.  But that should've been a PK Kill IMO.  

Yeah he was right back out there the shift after. What a joke,

wasnt his penalty due to his turnover? 

6 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

After apparently not being able to drum up much in terms of trade for Miller, then panicking and signing that 7x8 deal (lol)….how many actually believe this management team is going to get a trade haul in line with Horvat’s value? I’m skeptical.

......................especially after resigning BB6 and throwing away that valuable 2nd Rd. draft pick for Still-Man.     I will give them credit for a couple of minor player moves they made but on the BIG issues I'm not impressed so far.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think they can find a spot if they accept that the value is in the cap space.  I don't think they'd have a hard time moving Miller, if they accept they would be getting a big haul........ he's still a top level player and there are teams who would be happy to have him.

Boeser would be a little harder and they would get a ton of cap space from a Boes deal, but they might be able to get a decent damn with some cap hit back 

Hughes is where the real franchise altering deal would come from.

I do think any Miller move likely sees cap with term attached coming back, I do believe he's moveable too. But yeah, I question whether management has it in them to pull that trigger. 

Dunno about Boeser, hard to sell a goal scorer who isn't scoring goals. Maybe we can swap him straight across in a hockey trade.

Agreed on Hughes. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

the lion king disney GIF

Bo and Schneider circling the Canucks forever 

Wheel Of Fish GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1