The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Czechia vs. Canada | Gold Medal Game | Jan. 05, 2023 | 3:30 pm PT

Rate this topic

Big rematch, Czechia are probably favourites but they struggled to score against stingy Sweden. This will be an interesting matchup, top offence vs an almost NHL ready top 4 defence.

Goaltending might decide this game like the last one.

Giving it to Czechia 4-3 in regulation.

Czechs...don't have Hasek.   That said they sure are playing a good team game.    Canada just has too much firepower.    Feel the only way Canada doesn't come out on top, is if they also don't commit to a team game and too many players try and be the hero.    Leave that to Bedard, the rest, roll the lines and play it smart.   Fatigue might also be a factor.    Hard to imagine Canada losing at this point. 

Edited by IBatch

We had crappy goaltending the first game.  Milic will be the difference this game and won't allow more than 2 goals I think.  Fantilli needs to step it up as well.  If he is going as well as Bedard and Milic is on form again then I think Canada takes this no problem.

Oh, and Connor is getting another 5 points...

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Big rematch, Czechia are probably favourites but they struggled to score against stingy Sweden. This will be an interesting matchup, top offence vs an almost NHL ready top 4 defence.

Goaltending might decide this game like the last one.

Giving it to Czechia 4-3 in regulation.

Canada controlled the first game handedly and had some weaker goals against while their goalie was top notch. I am not reading too much into that game. 

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think Vancouver frigged up by passing up Gaucher.

The best Czech forward has been their 6’4 power forward Shapavoliv. Unfortunately he was picked in the second round last year by Vegas. Just after where Vancouver would have picked if they had kept their second rounder.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1