The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

2 minutes ago, combover said:

wont matter we’ll need lots of picks to add as sweeteners to get under the cap next year.or accept ten years of penalties for buyouts. 

Or our better prospects.

Teams were interested in Hoglander...

There's a risk you run with a having a poor prospect pool when you're trying to compete but not quite there. 

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

The irony of it is they'd be able to make much more playoff revenue if they had a sound plan in place.

Trying to take shortcuts to make the playoffs just leaves them without any playoff revenue at all.

It hasn’t worked in 10 years abut this time it will. 

lolololololololololol.

really the “plan”

has worked out ok for me I don’t rush home to catch games after April can go out fishing in The evenings without missing anything. 

it’s a good plan if you like long summers. 

• Tanks a lot 1

15 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Good poker players don't always show their hands. They signed on with this guy...they did "shop" him earlier and the offers weren't what they expected/wanted. This time, sure...they'll listen. But JT's their guy and if someone wants him they have set their price. I'm ok with that.

Yours is a very jaded take, and I get it. But things are changing and it won't just be an easy fix. I do understand why some hate trading picks away but d men aren't easy to acquire and before we worry about JT we really needed to work on trying to upgrade the d. We got a player who'll maybe help with that. 

You don't think the new guys I listed make us better? I do...I see it in front of me. In particular, this guy named Kuzmenko? He's something to be excited about for sure. And he's excited about being here, and it shows.

Ya no.  Sorry no.

Look.  When a PPG player (Panarin) refuses to sign anywhere else.  When a premiere year to year Norris candidate (fox) refuses to sign anywhere else.  When a top 2 pairing D man (Triuba) refuses to sign anywhere else.  When you win the lottery twice (Kakko #2, Lafreniere #1) and players refuse to be traded anywhere else (Kane) while others put you on their short list (Tarasenko) 

Then this is a cogent argument with a valid take.  But you literally have 3 future hall of famers that rfused to be anywhere else; 2 ppg players who refused to be anywhere else, a top 2 D that refused to be anywhere else plus more.  Drafting IS important because without drafting you have no depth.  But let's not pretend that somehow NY is the best metric for this argument because any team that can add 3 HOF players, 2 PPG players a yearly norris candidate and a top 2 D man while winning the lottery twice is going to be competitive and it allows for them to be able to be more savvy with picks and prospects than others would.

Preface this with the Canucks in the same amount of time and you can see why, since 2014 they have only 7 players that have been drafted by them and played more than 100 games vs the Canucks that have 10.  The Rangers have significant advantages in depth, skill and cap space over Vancouver while having drafted less players successfully over the same amount of time.

I mean...

• elephant 1

6 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

The irony of it is they'd be able to make much more playoff revenue if they had a sound plan in place.

Trying to take shortcuts to make the playoffs just leaves them without any playoff revenue at all.

If we properly rebuilt from you know... when Linden suggested it, we would have had far more playoff games by now.  Frustrating that we have never taken the rebuild road yet stuck in mediocrity for so long.  No direction, no prospect pool, capped out, yet still the same goal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • elephant 1

Dreger has never been a good insider so I would take what he said with a massive grain of salt. The amount of misinformation out there is astonishing and people get roped into it hook line and sinker every single time. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Dreger has never been a good insider so I would take what he said with a massive grain of salt. The amount of misinformation out there is astonishing and people get roped into it hook line and sinker every single time. 

Woke up to my buddy texting me what dreger said this morning and my response back to him was …….”Dreger said…..” as Anyone that follows close enough knows he bats at like .150 on his rumour mill lol 

1 minute ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Woke up to my buddy texting me what dreger said this morning and my response back to him was …….”Dreger said…..” as Anyone that follows close enough knows he bats at like .150 on his rumour mill lol 

And Friedman has come out and shut down that rumour. The media knows exactly how to stir up the Canuck fan base because most people buy into everything they hear. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Maybe that's why Shay tweeted that the Canucks were considering moving their own 1st.

You don’t move that pick until you know where it falls, especially with a top talent like Bedard available. If this management group moves that pick before then it’s over cause you know with Canucks luck it’d be Bedard 

Edited by KelownaCanucksFan

7 minutes ago, combover said:

It hasn’t worked in 10 years abut this time it will. 

lolololololololololol.

really the “plan”

has worked out ok for me I don’t rush home to catch games after April can go out fishing in The evenings without missing anything. 

it’s a good plan if you like long summers. 

This is what people keep forgetting or neglecting.

This is EXACTLY what was done when Gillis was in his last year to no success and his dismissal.  Benning and Linden came in witht he same mantra and ten years later we're here under new management promising the same things and committing the same actions.  

The Sedi...duo of Hughes and Pettersson are getting older so we need to insulate them and go for it!  Except who are we beating in the west with this roster?  

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1
  • elephant 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

This is what people keep forgetting or neglecting.

This is EXACTLY what was done when Gillis was in his last year to no success and his dismissal.  Benning and Linden came in witht he same mantra and ten years later we're here under new management promising the same things and committing the same actions.  

The Sedi...duo of Hughes and Pettersson are getting older so we need to insulate them and go for it!  Except who are we beating in the west with this roster?  

3rd times the charm.

Or

Turd(3rd) times the harm. 

16 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

You don’t move that pick until you know where it falls, especially with a top talent like Bedard available. If this management group moves that pick before then it’s over cause you know with Canucks luck it’d be Bedard 

Would probably have some kind of protection built in.

27 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

If we properly rebuilt from you know... when Linden suggested it, we would have had far more playoff games by now.  Frustrating that we have never taken the rebuild road yet stuck in mediocrity for so long.  No direction, no prospect pool, capped out, yet still the same goal.

Spot on

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

If the Canucks did actually turned down a Miller trade….keep in mind try selling that, if they actually traded Miller, to pettersson and hughes…

if you trade Miller, you might as well deal pettersson and hughes cause they have both said they have NO interest in more losing 

think of the bigger picture people…it isn’t as simple as no we don’t “want” to trade Miller 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

It's actually crazy how knowledgable ex NHL legends are when running a team. Sakic built a SC champion, Yzerman built a SC champion. I'm sure Linden knew what to do as well. Difference is that Sakic and Yzerman's word were trusted... 

• Cheers 2

Canucks management to Pittsburgh management: We are not rebuilding! So they were offered multiple picks and they could have gotten off his contract. You take it. They need to free up money. Man it just makes me angry we are in perpetual retool mode. It gets us where? No cap space, no picks but hey we can always look forward to the end of the season winning streak. It's our own little Stanley cup. You're not smart if everyone on the planet who knows hockey is saying what the heck are they doing. They just are a laughing stock.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

If we did turn down a trade because we couldn’t get the exact piece we wanted, that is genuinely stupid.

Picks can be used to get a 2C, either by draft or as currency in another trade.  Cap space can be used to get a 2C.

We can also find a bandaid on the open market for next season.  Teams will be capped out so players will be available.  We aren’t fixing this mess in a year, but having that cap space will help us get there within a couple years.

If we pick one of those top centres in the draft they spoke be available to us right away (if Bedard), or 2-3 years away if one of the other guys.

• Like 1
  • elephant 1

7 minutes ago, billabong said:

If the Canucks did actually turned down a Miller trade….keep in mind try selling that, if they actually traded Miller, to pettersson and hughes…

if you trade Miller, you might as well deal pettersson and hughes cause they have both said they have NO interest in more losing 

think of the bigger picture people…it isn’t as simple as no we don’t “want” to trade Miller 

Because we're on track for more winning?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor turns out to be true. They already need 1 center for next year, can't subtract another center & hope to fix both holes in free agency.

In a way I'm still surprised Pittsburgh decided to just go with Granlund rather than wait it out & circle back if better options didn't work - can't imagine teams were knocking down Nashville's door for Granlund. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian