The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Good poker players don't always show their hands.

Yours is a very jaded take, and I get it. But things are changing and it won't just be an easy fix. I do understand why some hate trading picks away but d men aren't easy to acquire and before we worry about JT we really needed to work on trying to upgrade the d. We got a player who'll maybe help with that. 

You don't think the new guys I listed make us better? I do...I see it in front of me.

When Tampa won their last two cups the only D man they drafted was Hedman. The rest who played were acquired via trade and free agency. Using Bo to get Hronek makes sense. We need a right shit D to carry our second pair. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I doubt garland is on the block

Ur probably right stawns, but its said that everything has its price.

Nobody wants Boeser's contract, Garland has energy to little end effect and Miller's price of a middling 1st 2023 and middling 1st 2024 doesn't help us keep Petey n Quinn happy while they're still with us.

Initial rejection by 'Vancouver says', could if true, just be brinkmanship.

Nothing should shock us today, given the past few days.

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah it’s to bad.

Being Shortsighted wins again to bad all it wins it losses. 

The picks need to be of enough value to be flipped for a young centre. Were they? Obviously not. Can’t just give away Miller and not be able to replace his minutes. Our owner will not allow a rebuild. Do what other choice does Allvin have?

Yours is a very jaded take, and I get it. But things are changing and it won't just be an easy fix. I do understand why some hate trading picks away but d men aren't easy to acquire and before we worry about JT we really needed to work on trying to upgrade the d. We got a player who'll maybe help with that. 

You don't think the new guys I listed make us better? I do...I see it in front of me.

5 of 8 of their 1st round picks from 2017-2020 are on the roster. They traded one of them to dallas for a 1st and the other to us. Another to Kings. 

The big reason they could make those trades was because they had a great prospect pool. The reason why they could sign Panarin was because they had cap.

Our prospect pool isn't as good and we don't have cap. 

We are not in a similar spot as the Rangers. 

• Upvote 1
  • elephant 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

When Tampa won their last two cups the only D man they drafted was Hedman. The rest who played were acquired via trade and free agency. Using Bo to get Hronek makes sense. We need a right shit D to carry our second pair. 

Agreed. Trading for Hronek and Bear this year has drastically made our right side better. I’d argue Bear has been our 2nd best dman after Hughes and Hronek is a stud, even if he’s not the stud everyone wanted. We’re really starting to look better and better for next season. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mo Grit said:

Ur probably right stawns, but its said that everything has its price.

Nobody wants Boeser's contract, Garland has energy to little end effect and Miller's price of a middling 1st 2023 and middling 1st 2024 doesn't help us keep Petey n Quinn happy while they're still with us.

Initial rejection by 'Vancouver says', could if true, just be brinkmanship.

Nothing should shock us today, given the past few days.

Agreed......I doubt they're shopping him, but he might end up being the sacrifice.  That said, he has a very positive relationship with RT I think.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Odd. said:

If none of Boeser Garland or Miller get dealt within in the next 5 hours I’m going to lose my shit

Which asylum should we check you into?

As a Canucks fan, I am fully ready to embrace that level of disappointment.  I will lose my shit if they use more draft picks to shed cap.

Just now, T.Demko said:

Which asylum should we check you into?

As a Canucks fan, I am fully ready to embrace that level of disappointment.  I will lose my shit if they use more draft picks to shed cap.

Check me into the St. Paul hospital, I want to at least have hot nurses deal with my mental breakdown

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The picks need to be of enough value to be flipped for a young centre. Were they? Obviously not. Can’t just give away Miller and not be able to replace his minutes. Our owner will not allow a rebuild. Do what other choice does Allvin have?

Can PA take FA out for a ride in the back woods... Alf save us!!

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Yep, I thought we were trending in the right direction with recent trades, but this week has proven they still have no idea how to properly run a team.

It's so bad that it's not even mediocrity, as we're typically out of the race by November. I'm not sure why so many fans find this acceptable.

I don't really care what direction we go with, we just need to pick a direction. Every move contradicts the last. 

• Cheers 1

I am defiantly jaded.

its not Jt it’s not the d. 

the cap is what we need to control first we cant improve until they get a handle on it.

what do you think it’ll take to get under the cap Myers garland boeser OEL pearson poolman it’ll be expensive and damaging. 

as for the new guys making us better. last year after Bruce took over we went on a great run , forgive me if I need to see more than 10 games to think this club improved and I like the new guys . 

the fact demkos back and in good form is great however it also covers once again how bad we are .

36+ shot against in his two games. Our issues just get hidden again. 

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

I don't really care what direction we go with, we just need to pick a direction. Every move contradicts the last. 

I don't think we strayed from playoff revenue at any point.  Horvat trade just indicates Horvat camp wanted to test FA.  Frustrating indeed.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

surprised oh my GIF

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

wont matter we’ll need lots of picks to add as sweeteners to get under the cap next year.or accept ten years of penalties for buyouts. 

2 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

I don't think we strayed from playoff revenue at any point.  Horvat trade just indicates Horvat camp wanted to test FA.  Frustrating indeed.

The irony of it is they'd be able to make much more playoff revenue if they had a sound plan in place.

Trying to take shortcuts to make the playoffs just leaves them without any playoff revenue at all.

Edited by Master Mind
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • elephant 1