The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

3 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

Although I think it would be a smart move Miller's not getting traded, he"s just injured.

Not being in the lineup with help the tank though!!

It's possible, but I doubt it.  Miller doesn't strike me as a "sitting out because of a minor injury" kind of guy.

• Upvote 2
  • There it is 1

10 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we actually traded Miller. It would be the right move considering where the team is at, but can't see management actually doing it.

I’m telling you this….my respect of this management team would increase tenfold if they divested themselves of the Miller (impending) contract. It would indicate to me that the team’s future is more important than optics….because, let’s face it, its a weird look to trade away a guy you just signed long term not too long ago.

But if I were a gambler (I’m not) I’d put money down on it NOT happening. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, jyu said:

No takers for Myers, Brock, Garland. If there was, they would be gone by now. 

I wouldn't jump straight to that conclusion.

I subscribe more to the domino thought process in that there have been other more appealing options for teams, once those dominoes fall then the desperate will come calling. 

Also, Canuck fans tend to under-value all of Myers, Boeser and Garland. All are able to contribute but their contracts are tough to move in-season but there would certainly be off-season interest in these guys.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I’m telling you this….my respect of this management team would increase tenfold if they divested themselves of the Miller (impending) contract. It would indicate to me that the team’s future is more important than optics….because, let’s face it, its a weird look to trade away a guy you just signed long term not too long ago.

I feel the same, management should get massive praise if they can get out of Miller's contract. Best we can hope for is they somehow find a way to dump Boeser and Myers.

Edited by Mando27

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

100%

I've been a fan of their small moves and new signs (minus JT and Boes) and don't like that they're all over the map.  A miller move would probably get me on board, to some degree

So... if it's just a minor injury, are we still getting calls for him?? Honestly, I'd trade Boeser before JT..... it's not that easy to get a #1 power forward that covers both C and W who can put up numbers consistently... if you wanna sign up a younger guy producing the same in the FA market, it'll easily cost $8M+ AAV not knowing the sure fit!

Let's hope we'll continue to shed salaries between now and Friday! Let's Goooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Nah, he’s hurt or he’s being held out for trade reasons. In this case seems like there is a fair bit of evidence it could be both.

I’m hoping he is traded because it’s in line with the direction we should be going but i don’t think the trade will bring back enough now. Last TDL was prime. Hope I’m wrong.

3 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

So... if it's just a minor injury, are we still getting calls for him?? Honestly, I'd trade Boeser before JT..... it's not that easy to get a #1 power forward that covers both C and W who can put up numbers consistently... if you wanna sign up a younger guy producing the same in the FA market, it'll easily cost $8M+ AAV not knowing the sure fit!

Let's hope we'll continue to shed salaries between now and Friday! Let's Goooooooooooooooooooo

Boeser needs to go, but it's not a time crunch issue, Miller is

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's tocchets call, not management 

Not exactly. Easy to speculate that but given how serious mgmt has proven to be in this restructuring already, I’d assume even Rick Tocchet has been convinced to embrace Rick Tankit. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Boeser needs to go, but it's not a time crunch issue, Miller is

What is the urgency to get rid of JT unless you're confident we'd get a potential #2 centre in return?? and it would really suck if we had to retain some % of his salary while enabling contendting teams to reap benefits of his production!

Boeser needs to go NOW!! he gets paid pretty damn good $ to score goals and it doesn't seem like it'll happen consistently....

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's possible, but I doubt it.  Miller doesn't strike me as a "sitting out because of a minor injury" kind of guy.

Agreed, even if he is banged up it could be protecting an asset as well 

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

In all likelihood Miller remains a Canuck. 

Maybe, here's hoping they're at least considering moving him though

Hard to judge where the market is after yesterday