The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

IF we trade Miller (I think we should, it makes the most sense to me), we will likely do it at the deadline and I think it would make total sense to retain up to 50% of the current contract but not the extension. I think that would maximize our return for a team wanting to go deep in the playoffs and may be interested in adding more than just Miller.

A lot of fans will disagree, but Miller, for his faults, is undeniably a player who has the ability to change the momentum of a game and it's outcome with his play.

If we retain 50% of the current deal, the return will be significant, better than fans or media really thing it will be, just like it was with Hamonic.

Yup!!

With his timely goals and assists 

AND

With his untimely giveaways and lack of effort

:P

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Yup!!

With his timely goals and assists 

AND

With his untimely giveaways and lack of effort

:P

Hi Giveaways are due to him trying to do too much. He needs to simplify his game. 

He's been better than a point per game guy since he got here and he's pretty close to that this year again. Move him to wing and he'll get back to eclipsing the point per game.

I don't think he works as well at center as many others seem to...

• There it is 1

8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

IF we trade Miller (I think we should, it makes the most sense to me), we will likely do it at the deadline and I think it would make total sense to retain up to 50% of the current contract but not the extension. I think that would maximize our return for a team wanting to go deep in the playoffs and may be interested in adding more than just Miller.

A lot of fans will disagree, but Miller, for his faults, is undeniably a player who has the ability to change the momentum of a game and it's outcome with his play.

If we retain 50% of the current deal, the return will be significant, better than fans or media really thing it will be, just like it was with Hamonic.

Can you retain on the current deal but not the extension? Is that actually allowable under the CBA? Knowing our luck they’d approve it and then penalize us after and make us take 50% for 7 years.

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hi Giveaways are due to him trying to do too much. He needs to simplify his game. 

He's been better than a point per game guy since he got here and he's pretty close to that this year again. Move him to wing and he'll get back to eclipsing the point per game.

He's a winger who can win draws imo, he's not reliable defensively enough to play center full-time 

He'd be better on a team that could insulate him defensively, which we can't 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Can you retain on the current deal but not the extension? Is that actually allowable under the CBA? Knowing our luck they’d approve it and then penalize us after and make us take 50% for 7 years.

I don't see why not........same logic that they can trade him now before his NTC kicks in on his new deal.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's a winger who can win draws imo, he's not reliable defensively enough to play center full-time 

He'd be better on a team that could insulate him defensively, which we can't 

You mean Bo?  He’s not very good defensively.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You mean Bo?  He’s not very good defensively.  

Bo's no Kesler but he holds his own and he's one of the best faceoff guys in the league, which is no small thing from a possession standpoint 

He's a legit 2C on a top team, a 1C on a lesser team 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I agree. If he actually made the effort to get back after his giveaways, they wouldn’t be such a big deal I think. It’s the lack of effort that is the big red flag for me.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Sorry, I disagree.  His giveaways, more often than not, are the result of him being lazy and sloppy on what should be easy plays.  Plays like easy passes to the dman on the pp, or into the bumper spot etc etc.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Absolutely, they are 2 completely separate documents with separate terms and conditions. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Seravelli and guys on 650 right now talking the same as you.  Miller has value and is on a good contract for the player he is seen as around the league.  They did mention that Bo isn’t seen around the league as a player of Miller’s level.  

I don’t know about that. Everything I’ve heard from everyone not names Servaelli is that Bo has more value and there is a lot more interest in Bo.

I think Miller has earned a reputation since his Rags and AV days, and for whatever reason it’s just stuck with him ever since…

Party Kane apparently may be done long term 3-4 months if he's going through with the surgery spoken about.

Teams are rumoured TJ be circling around O'Reilly Larkin and Horvat very vocally now and even more rumours of Miller being involved in discussions now that Kane is off a lot of radars.

True or not.  Will be fun seeing how GMs handle the upcoming cap restriction arms race

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Sorry, I disagree.  His giveaways, more often than not, are the result of him being lazy and sloppy on what should be easy plays.  Plays like easy passes to the dman on the pp, or into the bumper spot etc etc.

That pass on the PP is a set play. That is systems at fault. They try it all the time, its not JT being lazy, its a set play that is absolute wet dogsh*t and easy to read. 

Heres what makes that play so f***ing frustratingly predictable.

JT is on his strong side, not his offside for one-timers. So when he gets a pass, he has to curl EVERY SINGLE TIME. From that curl his options are to shoot, pass down low or back pass. By the time he curls, he loses a lot of time and space, it takes away his opportunity to shoot, so now he’s forced to pass down low or back pass. All they have to do is get a stick in the lane to take away the pass down low and his last option is to back pass. Everyone knows they want to move the puck back to Hughes to send it over for the one timer, JTs primary options are shoot or backpass to set up the onetimer like every team in the league does. So instead of going down low they know its going to go up high and they just get their stick out and intercept it. You know as much as I do, skating forward and doing a back pass, its a weak pass because you’re skating forward and trying to send the puck the opposite way. It takes the power/speed out of the pass and guys just step into that and head up ice on a breakaway while Hughes is flat footed.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1