The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edit- Rick Tocchet Expected To Be Next Head Coach

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

Literally 4 threads with a combined 42 comments of mine about why this is GD stupid, insulting to Boudreau, perpetuating the old boys club image of the front office and how this will screw this team out of a good draft pick and possibly alienate Pettersson in to wanting to leave while having a worse coaching record than Green did.

So ya, this is totally going to happen because it would be about the worst and most insulting thing management and ownership could do to this team and it's fans.

As we know, they do like to make us all suffer and claim it's part of the process

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If Monday Is the day, we will only have about 35 games left.

Should’ve just let the season ride out with Yeo.

Exactly. No need to pay more people to run the bench.

Let the season run out and spend the next 30+ games figuring out who should come in. Then try and get Trotz in Vancouver.

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Let the season run out and spend the next 30+ games figuring out who should come in. Then try and get Trotz in Vancouver.

I hope they have at least spoken to Trotz and that the answer was a firm no.

If they haven't even tried and went to Tocchet directly, that would be nepotism (again). 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I could care less about who the coach is tbh

Just don’t want a coaching bump that will likely take us out of the top 10. Like we are currently on pace to be a bottom 5 team, just run with it. 6-7 elite centres potentially going in the top 10, we need one of them.

Bottom teams have also been winning recently.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

My hope is that offense goes down while goals against stays the same. That happens and the losses will pile up.

Im sure his demands and new systems will be a shock to these guys. Can’t imagine Chaos and LOL will be able to just adapt.

Green tried to to institute a stricter defensive structure and all it did was stifle the offence without reducing the goals against.

Unless you materially change the roster I don’t see them being able to play shut down responsible hockey.  Maybe Petterson, Mikheyev, Schenn, and Lazar could do it… no faith in anyone else to play that style.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I could care less about who the coach is tbh

Just don’t want a coaching bump that will likely take us out of the top 10. Like we are currently on pace to be a bottom 5 team, just run with it. 6-7 elite centres potentially going in the top 10, we need one of them.

Bottom teams have also been winning recently.

Tocchet is enough of a cancer in the room ti nullify any risk of a coaching bump.

• Cheers 1

Aqualini still trying to salvage a lost season........what an idiot!

We are 2 places away from a franchise player...........2 friggin spots! And getting rid of Horvat alone should help us drop.

Never mind moving Schenn and ????????? (Boeser?)

We replace Horvat with one of Bedard, Carlsson or Fantilli, with just our draft pick

Then we start talking about the return..............

Horvat for Juricek, and Sillinger

And still say..........................Miller to the Islanders for, Bailey, Raty and a 20231st        or         Miller to Carolina for JK, Morrow, and a 2023-1st,

then keep Horvat

14 minutes ago, jyu said:

I hope they have at least spoken to Trotz and that the answer was a firm no.

If they haven't even tried and went to Tocchet directly, that would be nepotism (again). 

Nepotism is giving favours to members of your family.  It comes from the word nephew.  Cronyism is giving favours to friends and ascociates...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1