The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday January 18 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

I hope they don't come with using Gino's passing as a marketing tool to sell tickets or cool fan unrest. To me that is disrespecting Gino.

Sure celebrate him but don't market him.

The game,

Tampa should win this time after the scare they got last game.

I don't think there will be as much passing up a grade A shooting chances to feed Stamkos for his 500th, that just about cost them the game last time.

Both teams should be rested but according to Garrett being at home is more tiring and not as much fun.

I will watch for game management again, in the past losing teams often got away with a lot of obvious calls while the opposition always got suddenly stupid if they were winning and took 2 or 3 late game penalties where the play by play guys had to wait to see what was called so they stopped saying the wrong calls or "I didn't see that", "that was a soft call" or "I thought it was going against ...."

Garret will be saying "that should have been a call" at least 4 times tonight all in relationship to the Canucks getting a power play or the result was a goal against. i am getting really tired of hearing his now blatant homerism.

Tampa SHOULD win easily.

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Oh I’m sure we’ll hear it.

That and one more “Bruce there it is!” and I’ll be happy.

GF is making a sign for Bruce for tonight’s game. This guy has been all class from day one. I was at the LA game for his first game that started that chant, hopefully this won’t be his last. But if it is, Bruce will always be a beaut!

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Back to losing? Let's see some trades. 

After these next three losses at home (maybe 4 - if we can do with Chicago) we should be solidly in 27th - maybe even 28th spot and improve our Bedard odds immensly.   

Fingers crossed they play to expectations!

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My only fear is that we might get screwed on the trades.

hahah'

why would we get screwed in trades?

because our management in inept?

because our beloved president just gave a Hall-Of-Frame terrible interview

because our GM is a rookie 

because our team/organization is in a shambles?

you worry too much

wink

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

This is the Canucks but even they can't screw this up can they? What a legend ... I had posters of him and Pavel side by side in my room as I grew up. Brought some tears to my eyes as I typed this. What a beaut!

image.jpeg.16fb1d594b18de82f7646cdffca720cd.jpeg

image.png.5979592c567baf6d8232662905d9563b.png

I'd argue that screwing it up would be very Canucks 

But yeah, legendary Canuck for sure 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Oh I’m sure we’ll hear it.

That and one more “Bruce there it is!” and I’ll be happy.

I'm glad I got to do the BTII chant once during last Dec while back in Vancouver.  Missed out in the Dec 2021 game that I had tix due to covid postponement. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1