The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He can't be happy seeing the value of the franchise tank thanks to Rutherford disgracing it.

Maybe if the fans at the game are relentless in a Fire JR chant he'll be like "I don't need this crap at my age" and resign"..a guy can dream  can't he?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's gotta be pretty neat for him to wear it, he'll probably hold on to one of those jerseys forever 

I wanted a Kuzmenko jersey pretty bad last night. I just couldn’t pull the trigger on anything right now, the uncertainty is just too much 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

I wanted a Kuzmenko jersey pretty bad last night. I just couldn’t pull the trigger on anything right now, the uncertainty is just too much 

Me too. I got a blank one for now, will decide next season on the name. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be buying a jersey any time soon as a Canucks fan 

Nobody seems safe right now, not even Pettersson or Hughes 

I don't see them going anywhere but honestly, either of them asking for a trade if things continue wouldn't shock me 

9 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I think JR does have full autonomy. Which makes it look even worse on him.

But the very reason he was hired , was because he is a win now , rebuild never GM. He is a corner cutting, pick spending GM. So the failed ownership mandate still lives on through Jim Rutherford.

But then again. Why did Aquilini go with JR to interview Tocchet?

The hypocritical part is aquaman hiring BB first. And then standing by allowing JRs public flogging. Unless it was jr convincing FA he made a mistake hiring BB, in the first place. The other perplexing part is both of them being in denial of the miller before horvat situation and not addressing the back end. If that’s the case then both FA and JR need to open their eyes.  Hopefully the right players are moved ( miller). And whoever else. With good return.  

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be buying a jersey any time soon as a Canucks fan 

Nobody seems safe right now, not even Pettersson or Hughes 

I don't see them going anywhere but honestly, either of them asking for a trade if things continue wouldn't shock me 

Yeah totally. I kept asking them if they were on sale cause charging full pop is a bit ridiculous. What I should have gotten was a Boudreau jersey lol bless that man 

• There it is 1

Just now, Devron said:

Yeah totally. I kept asking them if they were on sale cause charging full pop is a bit ridiculous. What I should have gotten was a Boudreau jersey lol bless that man 

Honestly, that'd probably be the best way to go about it 

Isn't too late 

• Cheers 1

What is the reason for a possible coaching change now - is it to save THIS  season or are they going to be doing major retool anyway on the fly. to be better  next year. If is the latter, not sure the point of throwing whoever the new coach is under the current "hostile" environment.  Maybe start with some player changes.and let BB continue and see how the team goes from there. By removing BB before the player changes, you are basically blaming him for the players poor performances.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Best thing about last night besides pettey's goal.

Nate MacKinnon is doing something weird here.  He's actually holding his stick the wrong way so he can give a better pose for the puck drop!  We haven't had a right-handed captain since Trevor Linden so I imagine everyone else just posed with their backs to the camera.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In the end, it drags on about a week or two too long.  I know a lot of people want to just let it tank right out but I’m glad Bruce gets to walk away - and he did so with class despite how poorly management handled this.

I understand letting Tocchet start introducing his system / some discipline ASAP as well.  Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt - hopefully Gonchar comes with him right away, too.

Edited by ilduce39
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1