The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

6 minutes ago, Hake Virtanen said:

Well it’s official, at least according to Wikipedia…….Vancouver welcome your new head coach Rick (Tik) Tocchet.

Rick Tocchet 2014-12-12.JPG
Tocchet (right) in 2014
Born April 9, 1964 (age 58)
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Height 6 ft 0 in (183 cm)
Weight 214 lb (97 kg; 15 st 4 lb)
Position Right Wing
Shot Right
Played for Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Los Angeles Kings
Boston Bruins
Washington Capitals
Phoenix Coyotes
Coached for Tampa Bay Lightning
Arizona Coyotes
Pittsburgh Penguins
Vancouver Canucks
National team 23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.pn Canada
NHL Draft 121st overall, 1983
Philadelphia Flyers
Playing career 1984–2002
Coaching career 2002–present

Richard 0Tocchet (/tɔːkət/; born April 9, 1964) is a Canadian professional ice hockey coach and former player, currently serving as the head coach for the Vancouver Canucks. Playing as a right winger, he played 18 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Los Angeles Kings, Boston Bruins, Washington Capitals, and Phoenix Coyotes. He was the head coach of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning for two seasons and the Arizona Coyotes for four seasons. During the 2010 playoffs, he was an analyst on Flyers Postgame Live on Comcast SportsNet.

I'd love to be wrong, but I have no idea how Tocchet helps dig the team out of the hole they're in. I only see him being around holding the bag as things really bottom out. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

The big worry is that they get another "bump" from the new coach and they also have the 3rd easiest schedule in the league for the remainder of the season playing mostly sub-par teams.  That could leave us stuck in the middle again and lose any hope of Bedard after all this Pain & Suffering we've all gone thru.

Do hard ass coaches create a bump in play like the fell good guys like Bruce though?  I think any effect on play from Tocchet will take a lot longer (systems changes and instilling his concepts of hard nosed play) than a guy like Bruce who is less about systems and more about a pat on the back.  

9 minutes ago, IRR said:

Really?! 

Well what’s been said that, at least by me, because I can at least be responsible for my own words, that is over the top or in your own words “too much”?

I can appreciate your desire to be a loyalist to the team, but the team is also anchored to those who run it. 

I’m sick and tired of the way it’s being run. Still love the team and the symbol on the front of the sweater and what it represents. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • There it is 1

21 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

Foote was an incredible stay at home dman and Gonchar was epic all around.  I know people are upset but Gaining Tochett, Gonchar and Foote over King and Yeo.....guys   why aren't we happier.  This is epic..

they've treated BB like CRAP

It also doesn't really matter if you have Foote / Gonchar or Orr / Coffey when you have this to work with...

OEL-Myers Hughes-Schenn Stillman-Dermott