The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 21, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... I needed that. :)

Nothing personal. Just pissed about the Bruce thing, way too emotional. You're right. Was out watching a friend's band tonight and had to miss the game too. Apologies for being a dick. 

I think everyone is feeling the same way as you tonight my friend.  It is one of the lower points in Canucks history for sure.

I didn't think you were actually being a dick, so you don't need to worry about that...

• There it is 3

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think everyone is feeling the same way as you tonight my friend.  It is one of the lower points in Canucks history for sure.

I didn't think you were actually being a dick, so you don't need to worry about that...

Thanks, brother! Yeah, tough times for sure. Hard to turn the page on this. Thanks for being cool. 

• There it is 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yeo was hired with Boudreau’s complete blessing. Saying it was JR who brought him in is disingenuous…

“I am so excited to help bring this group of coaches together," Boudreau said. "When I started the conversations with Mike Yeo, it became clear to me that he would be an excellent addition. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/mike-yeo-jeremy-colliton-join-canucks-organization-in-coaching-roles/

What’s he supposed to do? Publicly complain about the hiring? BB did not hire Mike Yeo, Allvin did. 

• There it is 1

Man, JT looked soft on the empty netter. This team needs to learn how to defend. Right through the whole line up. Hoping Foote and Gonchar are the icing on the cake in the coaching turnover. If Bruce goes, I vote we clean house top to bottom. Fresh eyes and attitude on the entire coaching staff. Tocchet and Foote will also expect some tenacity from their team. Sad to see Bruce go but management was clear at season's end last year that they weren't sold on our record to close out the season. They never saw Bruce as the long term fit. They were right to feel that way. Too many games won on great goaltending and cray high shooting percentages.

Trade Bo

Trade Kuz.

Trade Schenner

Trade Garland.

Trade Boeser.

Buyouts...

Full scale RENO.

I'm holding my review of PA and JR until next training camp. Let's see what they come up with.

This team is lost at Sea. Really feel for the boys. At least they are mostly wealthy.

• There it is 2

Bit of a head scratching move by JR/PA on this one - possibly removing BB before changing any of the players? So apparently, will they may also change the assistant coaches - that's 6 coaches (including couple hired 5 months ago) they are paying out last 14 months.  You can form your own opinions on that one.

Finally kudos to BB with being honest about things - showing your emotion on your sleeve during the good times last year and the more disruptive times this year.

That speech years ago in the Capitals dressing room and the speech yesterday / tonight are epic.  As you can see from the fans tonight, still lots of support for him - he is the least of the current problems with the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tas said:

this is equally on elliotte friedman as it is on rutherford. friedman is the one who made the coaching search public, and thus compromised bruce. teams ALWAYS talk to other coaches before firing the old one, the media doesn't HAVE to go digging for scraps and report on rumours. 

edit: and then the hypocrisy to wag their fingers at the canucks. they're scum, and they're also spitting in the face of their meal ticket. 

My exact sentiment. I was so pissed off listenign to Friedman during after hours. Him and his stupid 30 thoughts kept a countdown how many days before tocchet was hired and yet on after hours he was felt so bad for Bruce. Can’t have it both ways 

• There it is 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Anyone saying that they’re embarrassed to be a fan should stop. Don’t be embarrassed, be proud that you’re someone who cheered for Bruce Boudreau during his time here as coach and supported the guy up until the end. 

Embarrassment is something the pathetic human beings that manage this f**ked up hockey team should feel. 

The feckless owners of this shambolic organization should be embarrassed that they haven’t had a decent, competitive team for over a decades. 

The team itself is a poorly constructed bunch of contractors who have little idea as to how to play for one another, outside of Schenn. Most of those players putting in the motions should be embarrassed.

But the fans? The fans can hold their heads high. 

I think the fans are being a little dramatic, personally. Online mob mentality going on around here. 

Edited by JoshuaGuy
  • Like 2
  • There it is 2

Rutherford and Tocchet will of course acknowledge Bruce’s positive contribution to the team in their introductory press conference, and not just as an offhand comment, but in a meaningful way. It’s just basic human decency.

If they don’t, I won’t be cheering for the team until the management group is replaced by people who aren’t total assholes. 

• There it is 3

Amazing how everyone has turned on management. We've never had a more hated boss. I remember around 10 years ago everyone hated FA (think he was bood coming on the ice once?), but no one ever really hated guys like Nonis or Gillis or even JB. Chubby old dull guys but they never made any disrespectful moves like this to fan favourites because they knew they'd be crucified for it.

We knew with JR coming in there'd be a blow up and change of this team but we were hoping it'd be our players (specifically, the bad ones) and not two of the best people in the organization. 

8 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Rutherford and Tocchet will of course acknowledge Bruce’s positive contribution to the team in their introductory press conference, and not just as an offhand comment, but in a meaningful way. It’s just basic human decency.

If they don’t, I won’t be cheering for the team until the management group is replaced by people who aren’t total assholes. 

Human decency? Hahaha, they will do it cause PR managers gonna tell them it is a good PR move. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mordekai said:

My exact sentiment. I was so pissed off listenign to Friedman during after hours. Him and his stupid 30 thoughts kept a countdown how many days before tocchet was hired and yet on after hours he was felt so bad for Bruce. Can’t have it both ways 

What? Ofcourse he can. The right thing was to cut Bruce off when things got out instead of having him go through this circus. 

That is what normal organization would do. 

23 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I think the fans are being a little dramatic, personally. Online mob mentality going on around here. 

So let me get this straight. 

You are totoally fine if your boss openly admit to your team that he is actively looking for your replacement and will fire you next week when that guy comes back from a vacaction while openly critizing all your work. 

Man you my man is an worker every manager dreams of. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 2