The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Thatcher Demko

12 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

I agree Farhan is a 'hack' and is not particularity knowledgeable on hockey.  I listened to his analysis on the trade yesterday and he had a few very bad takes.  With that being said, I think he's a well respected member of the Vancouver media who keeps his ear to the ground on all things Canucks and he really doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to just make this stuff up out of thin air.

I really hope it isn't true as it will only make this situation more dysfunctional...but I think his intel deserves a little more respect than he's been given in some of these posts.  

Farhan has made it very clear he has a vendetta against people in this organization. Everything he reports now is meant to stir the pot or create distrust.

I lump him in with the likes of Drance. He’s an opportunist that starts spouting off when things are bad. 

I don’t think he deserves respect. Good CFL guy sure, horrible hockey sensationalist.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Farhan has made it very clear he has a vendetta against people in this organization. Everything he reports now is meant to stir the pot or create distrust.

I lump him in with the likes of Drance. He’s an opportunist that starts spouting off when things are bad. 

I don’t think he deserves respect. Good CFL guy sure, horrible hockey sensationalist.

Didn’t Drance say he likes the return for Bo?

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Then they don’t get Demko.

Theres no situation where we trade Demko and don’t get a goalie back.

We’re not going with a Martin and Silovs tandem. :lol:

How so ? there are other avenues to obtain a goaltender. The Canucks for the remainder of the season will pretty much be playing Martin and Delia anyways.

There can be multiple situations where the Canucks trade Demko and no goaltender is brought back in the deal. Vancouver can maximize a return by pushing for different assets. I believe Buffalo is going to move forward with Ukko-Pekka Luukonen and he would be a solid tandem partner with Demko.

Again, Vancouver see's something in Silovs down the road here and they also have Koskenvuo so there are prospects in the pipeline getting the Ian Clark treatment. I never suggested Silovs would be a tandem with Martin. I merely mentioned the team does not see him as just a potential backup down the road so if they view him as more legitimate they may be more open to moving Demko for a return that does not have to guarantee a netminder coming back.

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

JR always wanted the challenge of a Canadian market, results or not he seems to be enjoying it 

Different engaging in hockey business within an environment where hockey is king

I think he likes it. He has to adjust alot more us he can't leak like he did in car and in Pittsburgh.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Drance is also a contrarian too though.

He only likes the deal cause most Canucks fans initially hate it.

Drance is a blow-hard as well but he is far from the worst Vancouver sports media figure (there are so many bad ones) an at least he is somewhat in tune with the hockey world.  Wonder if anyone can dig up his commentary after the Jason Dickinson trade.  He was super bullish on it at the time and was singing praises of management.

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This team is a dumpster fire though.  It deserves media flack.  Maybe he is making a meal out of a snack, but good for him for trashing ownership and management.

Do you really believe he just fabricated that story out of thin air?  I guess time will tell.  I seem to recall a lot of people thought the Kesler wanting out rumors were just that at the time and that turned out to be completely true.

Edited by Sell.the.team
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Think Demko is traded as well. He can't be happy that Bo is gone.

This is a buissiness.

and I’m happy to see the idea this is a country club of friends or a family picnic start to blow up in fans faces.

If you were making 4 to 8 mil a year, would you put more emphasis on your work relationships, or your personal performance .

If Demko is sad ( not happy), he needs to ask for a trade when he is healthy to play.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Buffalo is interested.... devin levi+1st would be the best move. Goalie who will be a starter fits our age range and another 1st. 

Small project goalie. No thanks.

We need a legit blue chip goalie or we need to start addressing our D and center depth.

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

laughing-rofl.gif.d1f27bd18cf9267c16b5904d684bdef9.gif

I’m literally quoting what that rumour was.

They said their first isn’t included because we’re dumping Myers.

Not saying that rumour is realistic but they’re claiming that we forgo a 1st to dump Myers. That’s crazy.