The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

Just now, stawns said:

Completely beyond me.  There's two ways that make this even remotely palatable.  First, they circle back to Bo in the summer (if he doesn't re-sign) and two, miller is next.  The thought of watching this toxic pos for the next 7 years is sickening

Who knows. Why would Bo even consider re-signing with this team at this point? 
And what was the need to re-sign Miller when his present contract expires at the same time as Bo's? 
No real plan is evident. 

18 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Reinbacher with the Isles pick? 

Unless we truly tank, we could  end up with Dalibor Dvorsky and David Reinbacher out of this draft.  A legit RD prospect and a C prospect that will battle it out with Raty for 2C.  Future could be a lot brighter all of a sudden.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'm happy about Raty, he was one I'd wanted to see in a Miller deal and was a must in a horvat deal with the Isles, but as a side piece.

Raty is fine, Isles admittedly didn't have the best prospect pool though

It's basically Raty, a 1st, and middling NHL'er we can flip next season or walk away from

Not a great return, not an awful return, but underwhelming 

Does nothing to address our defense, but that was likely always going to be a longer process than a lot of folks around here think it'll be imo 

Not impressed 

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

No I wish they get top 12 pick so next year it will be un protected. Don't think the Isles are going anywhere next year anyways. Good chance they are worse. 

I'm not familiar with next year's draft class. Is it projected to be deep? Risk/reward on both sides with that pick. Makes sense how they negotiated. Seems pretty neutral as an asset.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

I am really baffled at why people are mad about the return. I get Raty fell in his draft, but he was slated really high the year prior. He's 6'2, he's a center, he's not afraid to go to the net. He has a wicked shot. The skill and potential are good. This pick will be in the teens, or they may suck and it gets pushed to next year. A strong D draft. And if they suck, Bo may pack up shop in the offseason. Meaning it could very well be a lottery pick next year. It's a good return if the pick is 15-23. It's a great pick if they suck and Bo leaves in the offseason. Lol.

Considering they made a deal with a fringe playoff spot team, they should have been able to milk more out of that deal if NYI is desperate to make playoffs and have less games in hand than teams ahead of them. They desperately need the wins ahead of . Makes no sense why we didnt leverage more out of it. We also made a trade with plenty of time before the TDL where we could have had more leverage as well. It just feels like we sold low. 

• There it is 1