The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

2 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

Finally someone here explain this clearly!!!! That makes a lot of sense where the protected is more for the Islanders and not to our benefit!!!! So if Islander tanks to the bottom 12th, we will get 2024 1st pick regardless. So let's hope Islander finishes around 13th to 14th worse then we will still get a good pick. 

Pretty much, but this could backfire hard on them if they defer the pick to next year considering the quality of dmen in that draft. Right now this pick is a gamechanger for the franchise.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

No, just being positive and realistic about the outcome of this trade. 

Also pointing out you weren't a lone island or you weren't the only one that wanted to trade Miller. 

As I stated check out the threads.

Many of us wanted to trade both those players.

Bo now gone

Message in the  room now is

If your team mate gets crosschecked from behind right in front of you, especially when were up multiple goals in a non playoff year and you don't even attempt to confront the aggressor (Tkachuk) this is a hockey team ,not a gentleman's club and check your bags  (get yours ready to Boeser)

Canucks weren't signing on for more of this show only to nearly double Bo's salary

Sure NYI might try and sign him and if they can't or don't make the playoffs, they may trade him for a better return than they gave us

That's the risk they take of him not getting hurt

I could hop on my motorcycle (or my truck0 on a sunny winter day and think Ahh I'm not going far and not insure it and save money and then cause an accident

If you know you cannot afford to pay for more of the same, take the best sure deal rather than gamble

Bo is producing now, but we only have him for a couple of months

No team is getting a cheaply signed Bo for many years (including us)

So getting a signed young defenceman for years is silly thinking (like us trading Hughes for NYI Horvat - who does that) ?

It is better to take a step back and let the team get a better pick to draft a player we will need

• Cheers 1

Personally I think the Islanders improve... and the Canucks end up with the #15 - 18 pick.

#17-18 don't have a lottery chance because they are in the playoffs.... and #15-16 don't have a chance at #1, #2, #3 or #4 which is the cream of the crop as far as talent is concerned.

Just now, stawns said:

that's the level of parity in the NHL.......happens every year.  NJ is a young team and could easily have a syep back year,  Shesterkin could get injured for NYR etc

New Jersey isn’t taking a step back. That team will be a force for many years.

Any team could lose their number 1 goalie. Is that likely? Probably not.

Same thing could be said about Sorokin. He goes down and the Isles have no chance of winning.

• There it is 1

12 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Beauvilier-Pettersson-Kuzemenko

Mikheyev-Bedard-Miller

Hoglander-Raty-Podkolzin

Studnicka-Aman-Lazar

This would even look good with Smith there instead of Bedard.

Pettersson

Top 10 C

Raty

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Isam said:

Pretty much, but this could backfire hard on them if they defer the pick to next year considering the quality of dmen in that draft. Right now this pick is a gamechanger for the franchise.

If it were top 5, I completely agree.  6-10, I mostly agree.  10-20, I wouldn't characterize it that way .....it's good, but only somewhat above average.  More or less where people didn't want them to pick before today 

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

you don't think he cares about being an NHL All Star?

it was probably the honour that he was selected that is more important to him than actually playing the game... some players dont like playing the all star game that is a well known fact... im sure his wife will be happy he gets to spend an extended amount of time with him before he heads off to new york

• There it is 1

16 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I highly doubt it was less than that.  No way they’d offer him less than Boeser.

Miller: 99p

Horvat: 52p

Funny that you imply Bo has been more concentrating on other aspects of the game and then highlight his goal scoring to promote his game. 

Bo is a nice guy. He’s a decent player. I wish him well. But we also need a culture change here too. And trading your captain, who frankly could have been a better leader at times, is a huge step towards that. 

i know some would have liked Bo instead of JT, or if JT, then still sign both. And try and still trade Miller. I respect that. But for me, I’ve always preferred only keeping JT. The consistent player every season, not just his contract year. Good job JR!

I respect your opinion and good on you for sticking with JT.

And while I agree that JT has been a consistent offensive player for the last few seasons, he's shown tendency to give up on plays, especially the ones where he is the guy turning it over. He's also known for bad temper and loud F*CK bombs in games, which I think affects his teammates and the fans.

Obviously, you are not blind to that. How do you feel each time you see JT turn over the puck and he just stands there and watching the other team make plays that put the puck in our net?

Disclaimer: I loved JT's first two seasons here. I thought he played the right way. And then he deviated away from all of that at some point and over time, I have come to dislike the guy. I hope he can go back to the way he was when he first arrived but I am feeling doubtful. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1