The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

58 minutes ago, stawns said:

I forgot about Schenn, they have to decide on him too.  Bowser, garland, demko etc don't need to be done by then, they can take their time 

Yet, if it's there they can do it now, we will see. There have been some recent reports that some teams may have interest in Boswer, if anyone makes an offer I'd take it and run.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Is that Rick Celebrini's kid?  

Yes.

He has a very mature understanding of the game, both on and off the ice, and much of that can be attributed to his father, who is a professional in the sports industry. Rick Celebrini is the Director of Sports Medicine for the Golden State Warriors in the NBA, who won the NBA championship last season. The younger Celebrini has an astute understanding of team systems and is excited to play for the Chicago Steel because of how they use and attack space while in the offensive zone.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

1 hour ago, jyu said:

I respect your opinion and good on you for sticking with JT.

And while I agree that JT has been a consistent offensive player for the last few seasons, he's shown tendency to give up on plays, especially the ones where he is the guy turning it over. He's also known for bad temper and loud F*CK bombs in games, which I think affects his teammates and the fans.

Obviously, you are not blind to that. How do you feel each time you see JT turn over the puck and he just stands there and watching the other team make plays that put the puck in our net?

Disclaimer: I loved JT's first two seasons here. I thought he played the right way. And then he deviated away from all of that at some point and over time, I have come to dislike the guy. I hope he can go back to the way he was when he first arrived but I am feeling doubtful. 

You’re right that JT must work on his on ice displays of frustration. It also affects his mobility getting back. His legs don’t work if he’s too p’d off in his head because he turned over the puck.

I think he’s redeemable. I really think Tocchet may be the right coach for him. I remember watching Tocchet play. A mean looking SOB who also looked p’d off all the time.  Maybe I’ll be wrong but for the Canucks sake I hope I’m not.

i also think the teams success or failure has affected his demeaner . The whole team has been frustrated this year, but JT shows it more.  When this team is winning, like the drive to and in, the playoff bubble, there’s nothing better than a sparked up JT. we’d miss him greatly when (if) we ever get to the dance again

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Maybe the Canucks can use 2 first round picks to move up in the draft.  Islanders don’t look like they will make the playoffs, the Canucks might have the 5th and 13th pick to work with.

I dont know... i think id rather take the BPA with our pick and a dman with the islanders

• Cheers 2

What if we win 2nd overall with our pick and our Islanders pick is around 14th to 18th overall.  

Do we go with Fantilli and keep both picks, or do we trade our 2nd overall and our Islanders pick for Bedard?

Tough choice for a situation we'll never live through.