The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

First one I see hip into arm and shoulder,  Horton is leading with his positioning and has made himself vulnerable.

Second one Stevens nails forearm into Kariyas chest .

freeze frame dosent do it Justice.

so i guess i will call you blind... kariyas head snaps back before his body moves.... and the rome explanation LOL you are grasping at straws his sweater may have dusted his shoulder... rome definitely hit this mans head.... you are just like many people on this forum who cannot be proven wrong... enjoy being "Right"

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Next season, maybe

Kuzmenko - Pettersson (A) - Mikheyev

Beauvillier - Miller (A) - ?

Podkolzin - ? - Studnicka

Joshua - Lazar - Lockwood

Raty

Hughes - ?

OEL (A) - ?

Dermott - Bear

Stillman

Demko

?

after Boeser, Garland, Schenn, Myers, Rathbone and possibly Hoglander are traded. They might sign a UFA or two as well. 

Of course, putting Bedard or Fantilli in that #3C spot would sure be nice too.

Attu Raty says hello for 3C

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, according to Frank Seravalli, Pat Morris and Lou are already working out a deal.  It is going to be in the 8x8 to 8.5x8 range.  If that is the case, then thanks God we didn't re-sign Horvat.  Imagine paying him between $64-68 million.  That's batsh*t crazy.  Good luck Lou, you are gonna need it.

As well, according to Satiar Shah, NY Islanders have the option to send the pick to Vancouver even if it's below 13.  They will just wait until after the lottery to decide.  So, it's possible we can get the 9th, 10th or 11th pick in this draft.  Lou may just want to give us the pick this year as he may not be around after next year if the Islanders are not a playoff team and also the 2024 pick would be unprotected, so there is the possibility that it's a lottery pick which leaves the door open for the Canucks to win the lottery and get the #1 overall pick.

In thinking about this, it may actually be better if Lou defers the pick to next year.  This trade could end up similar to the Duchene trade where Colorado got the # 4 overall pick and drafted Bowen Byram...

So if paying bo Horvat 8-8.5 is bad business what is boesers contract ???? 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, according to Frank Seravalli, Pat Morris and Lou are already working out a deal.  It is going to be in the 8x8 to 8.5x8 range.  If that is the case, then thanks God we didn't re-sign Horvat.  Imagine paying him between $64-68 million.  That's batsh*t crazy.  Good luck Lou, you are gonna need it.

As well, according to Satiar Shah, NY Islanders have the option to send the pick to Vancouver even if it's below 13.  They will just wait until after the lottery to decide.  So, it's possible we can get the 9th, 10th or 11th pick in this draft.  Lou may just want to give us the pick this year as he may not be around after next year if the Islanders are not a playoff team and also the 2024 pick would be unprotected, so there is the possibility that it's a lottery pick which leaves the door open for the Canucks to win the lottery and get the #1 overall pick.

In thinking about this, it may actually be better if Lou defers the pick to next year.  This trade could end up similar to the Duchene trade where Colorado got the # 4 overall pick and drafted Bowen Byram...

Waiving that protected pick is really going to be interesting. If Isles miss the Playoffs and draft around that 8-12 spot, Lou is going to be in a tough spot. Waive that pick or send us an 2024 unprotected pick lol. East is also only getting stronger and the Isles are only getting older and we just took their best prospect lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Simply can NOT see the Isles fall that far back(say past 11th OA pick).

D & size

relatively healthy

good 'tending

Adding Bo

Right now, guess they should be about 40-50% likely to sneak into the dance. But Lou's sure rolling the dice here!

...& damn, I'm glad we don't have to shell out that kinda' coin for BH. Wanted him at 8 x 6.5, last summer. Any higher, had voted to punt.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, grandmaster said:

A lot of us fans appreciate JT’s emotions and passion. It’s obviously polarizing. 

While I actually love his fire, I also agree the Captaincy needs to be on a bit more of a diplomatic player. I think Miller is perfect as an A. 

Yes, Miller will go back as centre and RT will help bring him back on track like last year.

Well, I'm at a wait and see stance with Tocchet and whether he has the ability to rein in Miller or not. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

D & size

relatively healthy

good 'tending

Adding Bo

Right now, guess they should be about 40-50% likely to sneak into the dance. But Lou's sure rolling the dice here!

...& damn, I'm glad we don't have to shell out that kinda' coin for BH. Wanted him at 8 x 6.5, last summer. Any higher, had voted to punt.

we win either way. If we don't get their first in 2023, we get an unprotected first in 2024. I checked the Islander's roster, and they have a core that's aging, and they're not getting younger next season. There's a good chance that they could miss out the playoffs by quite a bit next season. And if not, and they have a really good year, then we have another pick from another organization, and the more picks we have, the better our odds of finding a gem and a player that can contribute to the Canucks. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bo would be stupid to talk contract extensions before even playing a game with the Islanders. He's still relatively young, wants to play playoff games and win, and has gone to the most intense, competitive division and is on the outside of the playoff race looking in. There must be a sense of "they wanted him real bad so I'll play for them", but signing an 8 year contract with NYI could ruin his career - they're an old team getting older and not a whole lot better, don't have many good young players coming through and are probably peaking now. Lou is acting like a desperate JB. Bo would be wise to play out the season and then discuss contracts with all teams, you hope his agent Morris doesn't just jump at a big shiny number Lou offers.

Just aside for me personally I'd rather pay Bo 8x8 than Miller, but obviously these are heavy contracts later on in the players' careers, but I think with the speed and added offence in the league Bo will stay around a 30-40 goal scorer for at least the next 2-3 years. We see so many players in their early to mid 30s having huge career years, I wouldn't be worried about him dipping. Miller is a lot older, got a massive deal and is still scoring at a 70pt clip. Bo's on pace for around 90 points this season and dropped a bit to 51 goal scoring pace, I think he can and will keep it up into his 30s, then probably regress to a 3rd line center around 31-32 which is when the contract really hurts.

As for the pick, it's an interesting one. I'd rather we get a top-10 pick in this draft than a top-5 pick in the next. Sounds insane but next year's draft is apparently not very deep. A guy like Fantilli or Carlsson probably goes first overall in the next draft (or maybe even the last few drafts). Would rather load up this year but again it's up to Lou. If they somehow bomb and miss the playoffs this year and end up with say a top-10 pick in this upcoming draft, next year is really going to hurt. I bet a big decision for Lou will be whether they think they can re-sign Horvat or not. If they can't ,boy are they going to suck next year.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

D & size

relatively healthy

good 'tending

Adding Bo

I agree, doubt they're picking 12th overall or higher. That being said...Florida holds that spot and that's just 1 point difference in the standings. No matter where NYI finish, the draft lottery could change things a fair bit too. Surely with Bo and his scoring they'll jump up a fair bit (they don't even have a PPG player and most teams have 2), but you never know. Certainly a risky pick to be throwing around given their situation, this was a ballsy gamble by Lou, let's see if it pays off or not.

I'd almost prefer the pick this year - we get to rebuild quickly rather than drag it out.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Bo would be stupid to talk contract extensions before even playing a game with the Islanders. He's still relatively young, wants to play playoff games and win, and has gone to the most intense, competitive division and is on the outside of the playoff race looking in. There must be a sense of "they wanted him real bad so I'll play for them", but signing an 8 year contract with NYI could ruin his career - they're an old team getting older and not a whole lot better, don't have many good young players coming through and are probably peaking now. Lou is acting like a desperate JB. Bo would be wise to play out the season and then discuss contracts with all teams, you hope his agent Morris doesn't just jump at a big shiny number Lou offers.

Just aside for me personally I'd rather pay Bo 8x8 than Miller, but obviously these are heavy contracts later on in the players' careers, but I think with the speed and added offence in the league Bo will stay around a 30-40 goal scorer for at least the next 2-3 years. We see so many players in their early to mid 30s having huge career years, I wouldn't be worried about him dipping. Miller is a lot older, got a massive deal and is still scoring at a 70pt clip. Bo's on pace for around 90 points this season and dropped a bit to 51 goal scoring pace, I think he can and will keep it up into his 30s, then probably regress to a 3rd line center around 31-32 which is when the contract really hurts.

As for the pick, it's an interesting one. I'd rather we get a top-10 pick in this draft than a top-5 pick in the next. Sounds insane but next year's draft is apparently not very deep. A guy like Fantilli or Carlsson probably goes first overall in the next draft (or maybe even the last few drafts). Would rather load up this year but again it's up to Lou. If they somehow bomb and miss the playoffs this year and end up with say a top-10 pick in this upcoming draft, next year is really going to hurt. I bet a big decision for Lou will be whether they think they can re-sign Horvat or not. If they can't ,boy are they going to suck next year.

I did a little reading for 2024's top prospects. Macklin Celebrini is supposedly top 5 and he's from Vancouver. ^^

18 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I did a little reading for 2024's top prospects. Macklin Celebrini is supposedly top 5 and he's from Vancouver. ^^

Yep a possible second consecutive Vancouver 1st overall would be nuts, he's blowing up the USHL, scoring more than kids 2-3 years older than him, but of course it's still a long way to go and I think we're just too good a team to bomb hard enough to get the 1st overall, as is NYI. No one really standing out but of course it's such early days, but there is a big strong RD Jiricek around the 9-12th overall spot...

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

D & size

relatively healthy

good 'tending

Adding Bo

moneypuck.com has their odds of making the playoffs at 12.1% as of Jan 31

269EFA35-CC16-4A3A-8657-040E0E269487.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

moneypuck.com has their odds of making the playoffs at 12.1% as of Jan 31

269EFA35-CC16-4A3A-8657-040E0E269487.jpeg

Well, they got the Caps & Pens over 50%(haven't missed forever).

Seems there's 5 or 6 teams fighting for them 2 WC's out east. Interestingly the Sens are heating up too.

Maybe the Isles should be 30%?..would say 12% is too low

edit: Wanted to add, like the Isles D & 'tending better than the other WC-rivals

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Cheers 2