The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Yep I’m gonna believe what Matheson says. :lol:

Nothing in there says his grandparents can’t go to games. Nice try though.

Demands proof, gets shown proof, claims it’s fake :picard: my god you’re sad and insufferable at times :lol:

Edited by canuck73_3

28 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

That's actually not true at all. The Canucks lowballed Horvat quite badly. This was widely reported actually.

what do you mean that's not true at all?? they intended to bring him back by offering him an insulting offer that's equivalent to a paycut while offering boeser 6.75 and miller 8? and the mihkayev almost 5? they literally have 0 intention of bringing him back unless he was going to accept a bargain bin deal. they prolly set the max cap for horvat at 6mil and not a penny more and only increased it because of the start he had and how badly miller started the first 1/3 of the season so they had thoughts maybe they'll deal miller if they can get horvat signed to 7mil or under. i still believe he would have signed for 6.5 early in the summer. which is fine for a 2c.. and if his production drops off in the duration of the contract.. he will still be an effective 3c vs miller who's great right now producing at a ppg.. but if his play drops off to a 3c.. i rather have horvat at 6.5mil as a 3c.. then miller at 8mil as a 3c with his jekly and hyde play defensively

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

Horvat chose the Isles. They are an old team. They have some nice pieces in Sorokin, Dobson and Barzal. After that, they are getting quite grey in the tooth. If they don't make some noise this playoffs, this team will be hard pressed to be legit SC contenders during Bo's prime.

He left for the money. Our pieces in Petey, Demko and Hughes are younger and more dynamic than the Isles. 

Bo can speak from the heart, so can we. Have fun in long island when their fanbase is saddled with your underwhelming play and extravagant contract.

*Since the Red Wings now have the Isles 1st rnd pick, I kinda hope the Isles win a round or 2...:bigblush:

3 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Of course their fans are cheering better for a playoff push, our fans always wanted to tank when he was here, their team is going for it.

This to me is a nothing burger, last time we were in the playoffs there was no fans.  Fans will boo him anyways.

This, just another reason for the usual suspects to play victim again. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Horvat chose the Isles. They are an old team.

The Islanders are actually a reasonably young team, not part of the original six, not part of the first expansion in '67, not part of the second 1970 expansion (when the canucks got in) but part of the third expansion a couple of years later.    So unless you're a "Gen-X, millenial" or younger" they are considered a relatively young team to most adults.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

The Islanders are actually a reasonably young team, not part of the original six, not part of the first expansionin '67, not part of the second 1970 expansion (when the canucks got in) but part of the third expansiona couple of years later.    So unless you're a "Gen-X, millenial" or younger" they are considered a relatively young team.

Woosh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What semblance of loyalty should he show to this place? He was traded. He has every right to have the opinion he does.

Funny how scorned Canucks fans can get. 

He can show some class when asked a question that had nothing to do with Canucks fans. He is the one who initiated the shot. Had zero reason to do so. 

Lots of fans had supported him until the end. I don’t know of anyone in Vancouver personally who still does. Except a few die hards on CDC. 

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

18 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Horvat chose the Isles. They are an old team. They have some nice pieces in Sorokin, Dobson and Barzal. After that, they are getting quite grey in the tooth. If they don't make some noise this playoffs, this team will be hard pressed to be legit SC contenders during Bo's prime.

He left for the money. Our pieces in Petey, Demko and Hughes are younger and more dynamic than the Isles. 

Bo can speak from the heart, so can we. Have fun in long island when their fanbase is saddled with your underwhelming play and extravagant contract.

*Since the Red Wings now have the Isles 1st rnd pick, I kinda hope the Isles win a round or 2...:bigblush:

Yup, both this year and next I hope they make the playoffs and go for a run, and then they can fall as far as they want.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

@RU SERIOUS

by old team, posters mean they players ages on the isles, 9 forwards are 30+ plus with only Parise coming off the books at seasons end.

no 1st this year and their top F prospect is Canuck.

dark days ahead for the Isles 

I know, i was just having a bit of sarcastic fun in case the previous writer was one of those 'Millenial" type people.....:rolleyes: 

But thanks anyways.....

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

@RU SERIOUS

by old team, posters mean they players ages on the isles, 9 forwards are 30+ plus with only Parise coming off the books at seasons end.

no 1st this year and their top F prospect is a Canuck.

dark days ahead for the Isles 

This is over blown a bit here, majority of those “old” players are in the bottom 6 they still have a younger core with Barzal, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Romanov, Sorokin. 

they have key prime players locked up in Horvat, Pulock, Pelech, Lee and Pageau. 

The only “old” players with significant term are captain Lee (who is still 4th in team scoring) and Cizikas who is a solid 3rd/4th line C at only 2.5mil. The rest of their older players deals expire in 3 years or less and aren’t really in key posistions, with cap going up too. 

Am I crazy for enjoying this a little bit? It's great when people get along and everyone's happy, but there's nothing like a good old-fashioned beef, especially when it's pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things.

I honestly wasn't expecting Horvat to be the one to get the party started. I guess there's still time for him to walk back what he said, but I also wouldn't mind if he doubled down. It would make his first game back even more entertaining.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1