The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope this signals a flurry of trades this season. Just filet the motherf**ker. And draft well. 

And no captain for the rest of the season.

At least this feckless management group could show Bo some respect by leaving the C vacant until next season. 

I hope so too, but it might be quiet.  Aside from miller they don't need to rush on anyone........they can do it in the off season, during next season etc.

Miller would have to be done now

33 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I think he’s already been assigned to Abby. Might have to go checkout a few games to stay sane, cause Nucks are likely going to tank it out hard here

That’s a fantastic group in Abby then !?

Hogz Podz Aman Raty Karlsson .. ect 

• Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope this signals a flurry of trades this season. Just filet the motherf**ker. And draft well. 

At least this feckless management group could show Bo some respect by leaving the C vacant until next season. 

Disagree there.We need a direction and to keep EP happy so name him captain and show the team we are moving in a new direction of winning.

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

It'd definitely sell, all someone would have to do is post links on CDC, reddit, HF, and so on 

Give me one. You got one customer here. 

If it’s a genuine hand made sweater, then everyone will want one. 

Authenticity is the best selling point. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think that is the plan.  Trading Horvat for a prospect and a pick is a rebuilding move.  I can see them moving that pick for a RHD at the draft.  Similar to what the Islanders did last year...

The Wild could be trading Addison - they don't have the cap space to extend him and they aren't sure he can learn how to play defence.  He was drafted in 2018 by Pittsburgh when Allvin was their director of amateur scouting.

Just now, SilentSam said:

That’s a fantastic group in Abby then !?

Hogz Podz Aman Raty Karlsson .. ect 

Bains and Kilmovich have been pretty good, considering they’re on the 4th line. Abby looks deep. Going to be fun.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

I mean, even in the playoffs you don't see the fighting and whatnot a lot anymore 

You just see more scrums, but the stakes are higher and you're playing a seven game series

Teams aren't "tough" in the way older fans want them to be "tough"

I see it a lot on this forum, some folks really seem to yearn for a brand of hockey they'll likely never see again at the NHL level 

For all the rhetoric about playoff hockey being different, there's actually significantly more penalties called in the post season.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

I felt it when Bo said I thought I'd be a Canuck forever. They gave Miller Bo's money and I'll always think that was a mistake but they did what they needed to with this trade.

Yup I can’t believe I was excited about the Miller signing in retrospect. I thought it meant Bo was next and we were moving out wingers. That didn’t happen and it became more and more evident Bo was gone. Bo will be great on a real team. I hope he bounces on the Islanders and signs in Detroit or something like that. 

2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Better than being in the frickin middle.

I would rather one year of being on top and ten years of being at the bottom than endless mediocrity.

I’d rather have a team that knows how to restructure on the fly once the foundation is already set in stone. 

We just traded a cornerstone. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I would agree with not awarding the c until next season.

Now it is time to get something for Boeser. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

AB is a negative, not a positive.  The Canuvks got their top prospect and pick, but the Isles got Bo and got rid of an anchor cap hit.  Now if they flip bo at the tdl.........

But four for one is better since the one we originally traded would never get you what we got.We end up with two players and another 1st and that's not bad at all 

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Well we got Bo (a pick) for Schneider.Now we get two players and a 1st.Seems to me we can't ask for more then that from one player we traded so many years ago 

Yup, people are dumb if they were thinking we get more than this, also dumb if they think we need more. This is the stuff you do when you suck, we just need to do more of it, see where that gets us, and then add to that. I like Raty, I hope he does well and I feel he could flourish here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doxm said:

An anchor? LOL it's literally one more year hahahaha. Beauvillier isn't trash like you make it seem, either. 

He had 34 points last year and on pace for that this year.  Remind me why they need a small, over priced winger again?  Are they short on those?

Lou has been trying to.deal that contract for awhile and couldn't.........until PA came along.

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

It's a very deep draft. Lots of good players in the top 15.

It's an above average draft class, but he's right. It's mostly driven by the top 4-5 players. But, I don't think we should ever write off a draft class. People said 2014 (Y'all don't get triggered because of Virtanen) was weak, but in hindsight it actually looks pretty decent overall. At the end of the day, these are 17/18 year old kids. We flat out don't know where these kids will be in 5 years or even 2 years. We can't write off picks in the mid to late 1st round. You can get impact players literally anywhere. That's why adding picks is nice. Our 1st will be great, the Islanders' pick should also be decent, better than any other first we realistically could have gotten. Negative folks just need to be mad, no point debating with them.

Guy is literally what if-ing himself into a frenzy. Get him some warm milk and leave it be.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm expecting Brock to be dealt, perhaps Garland, and maybe Schenn, we shall see. Will depend on teams looking for depth heading into the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I’d rather have a team that knows how to restructure on the fly once the foundation is already set in stone. 

We just traded a cornerstone. 

If we signed him to a 8 year deal that stone could have been a cement boot.

• There it is 1